This object is in archive! 

Fibaro FGS-222 and Fibaro FGS-212 Problem

Jacob Wiqvist shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

Hi!

I want to increase security a little at home and therefor I installed this to units but manage to make nothing work!

First of al what is: Parameter?

What is: value?

What is: POWER_SWITCH_BINARY?

What I know there is only one place I can change parameters and value and that is on the main unit in the device maneger. What I can change according to the manual is Parameter to 1, 3, 4, 6, 13, 14, 15 and Valus between 0, 1 and also 255

Also I can change this according to manual:

Parameter No. 4 - Auto off.

Default value: 0 Available settings::

[1- 65535] (0,1 s – 6553,5 s) Time period for auto off, in miliseconds 0 - Auto off disabled

What does this mean: that if I put Value 5,5 in parameter 4 gives som kind of timer of 5 and a half seconds?

And does it give it for relay 1 or 2, and is it switch 1 or 2 that trigger this event and for what relay is it giving this timer function?

Under the "Relay unit" in Zipato control center I can se a lot of folder that I don't know what they mean. And they locks different in old version of control center. In old version there is also a on off button that seam to control the relay inside the Fibaro unit.

If I start from the top with the attached picture:

And how do I reset this unit in Control center and the actual unit? Values, Parameters and texts and so on?

Setup at the moment:

I have 2 momentary switches attached to the 2 inputs on FGS-222

I have 2 lights, one over the kitchen table, and one in the roof each connected to the 2 outputs och the FGS-222 relay.

I have 1 socket connected to the FGS-212 where I want to have a water boiler or coffee machine.

What I want to do is this:

When I momantary press button 1 I want the two lights in the kitchen to turn on, and if I press button 1 again the lights should turn off.

The other momentary wall switch(FGS-222) should control the FGS-212 (socket). When I press it once it should start a timer of 50 minuts to keep power to the socket, and if I press the switch again it should turn of the socket. Each time I press the switch it should go to one of the two states 50 min timer or off.

Also every uneven numer of week(15, 17, 19, 21 and so on) I want a timer to start the socket for 45 minuts between 05:00 and 05:45 and to get fresh boiled coffee in the morning.

Of cours I want to be able to control the lights in the kitchen individual by my Iphone 6 Plus and in the future with motion detector.

And of course I want to control the socket from the phone withe a start timer on also

Can someone help me configure first of al the Fibaro units and second, create a rule for this if that is the way to go.

I have no ide what I can control directly with the units and if I should create rules or events or scenes?

Pleas help!

At lets so I get the wall switches to work before the very angry girlfriend gets home and can't control the kitchen lights.

Best regards Jacob W

Replies (5)

photo

For those of you how does not want to read I have explained most of it in YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFloyYPQoI

photo

I have uploaded one more video and it seems like nothing is easy. The Fibaro FGS-212 is discovered as FGS-211 in my.zipato.com and the FGS-222 is discovered as Fibarogroupe: 512 and miss the same configurations possibilities as FGS-212.

As a side note my harmony Logitech One Ultimate can configure over 200000 different units without Logitech having al those units. Ok Logitech has a little more people, but if zipato wants to get big in this field they have to do som things to make it work easier and better for the customers.

http://youtu.be/G5QJNNdrq0M

photo

Looks like both of them are not supported yet. Contact support about this.

You can not compare ir commands with zwave command. And do you really think logitech made all those commands there selfs?

photo

I think you missed the point a little. I thought that if it was the Z-Wave standard a proprietary international standard. A expensive home automation standard, with potential industrial standard like KNX and DALI it would like Steve Jobs sad "It just works". But I could not be more wrong. After reading on this forum and my one experience. Nexa have worked almos flawless sens I got it, and I thought that with Z-wave I would have a even faster light control and more reliable and feedback and more advanced controls.

You know that Logitec is also working on a Z-wave unit. I don't think that will be as powerful and versatile as Zipabox but I was expecting more after spending 500-600 euro.

I was expecting the same functionality as the 1/3 price Nexa and Tellstick Net plus much more features.

If I ned to buy better antennas, I will if just Zipato tells me to. But I think in a apartment with not more than 5 meters it should work.

photo

I think you are missing a point. Pfff, if you need anymore help. Don't ask.

photo

I am truly sorry if I insulted you in any way. Try to se it from my side. I only report what I have experienced and what I am used to.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file