This object is in archive! 

Fibaro FGSS-001 smoke sensor just keeps beeping and beeping

Lindroos shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

I've had multiple Fibaro smoke sensors and none of those have worked with Zipato. I decided to give it one last shot with the Zipabox Duo with no luck. The sensor just keeps on beeping even if you turn all visual and acoustic alarms off. Plug it into a Rasperry Pi unit with z-wave and voilá all troubles are gone. Any chance of getting this sensor to work with Zipato before hell freezes over? All you have to do is scroll around the forum and knowledge base around here and you can see that I'm not alone with this issue.

Replies (2)

photo

Did you contact support about this? This sensor should work fine:

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/fibaro-smoke-detector-review

photo

No, didn't contact support yet. Yes I agree, it should work fine, but it doesn't. Sensor is showing 0% battery in Zipato while its connected to 12V continuous power and beep it goes all the time. It doesn't matter what settings you stuff into Zipabox. Now I finally think I might got it silenced by disabling everything on it. This of course means that it wont alarm in case of fire either which kind of makes it useless.

photo

There are alot of issues with this sensor when it's connected to a 12v line. The sensor gives a bleep when it can not connect to the box. You can turn this off.

FILES%2f2014%2f06%2ffibaro-config-temp-alarm-range-duration-01

Change this one to 0

photo

Yeah, thats what I did with the earlier version. This version doesn't support values below 1 in battery alarm or range alarm.

photo

no problems here when it is connected to a 12V line. but you have to exclude and include the device again. otherwise when you change from battery to 12V it still thinks it is connected as a battery. and it will check battery status. and then it starts beeping.

what I noticed when I did a new inclusion. there is also a Heat sensor in the list now.

no idea where this one is used for.

photo

picture of the heat alarm. that is new, since device is added again.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file