This object is in archive! 

FirmWare Updates after 1.1.34 cost EUR 100 per year?

Robert Hercz shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have just upgraded my 6 Zipato controllers to firmware 1.1.34, and discovered that I can now upgrade to Pro for each of them, for a 99 Credits (100 Euro), which will then secure me a service which "enables user to get free upgrades" for one year.

If I understand this correctly, with 6 controllers, I need to shell out 600 Euro per year, in order to get firmware updates to fix the bugs / weaknesses / caveats in the current system?

Brgds,

Robert

Replies (4)

photo

no. you dont need the PRO feature, to get updates.... read the link.

https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/features

photo

Matthew,

Enclosed is a pix of the _current_ "Pro Upgrade" popup you'll get in the Web Control Center.

It states in effect that a subscription of EUR 100 is required to get "free upgrades" for one year.

photo

There is a difference between UPGRADE and UPDATE:

UPDATES are free for all customers, and they include all fixes and small improvements.

UPGRADES are new apps and functions which we may develop in the future.

You DON'T have to upgrade your controller to "to fix the bugs / weaknesses / caveats in the current system"

Actually, you have already upgraded your controller to new firmware version, although you didn't pay 99Euro.

photo

Sebastian,

Thanks for setting this straight.

My worries came because this message appeared AFTER I upgraded all 6 controllers to 1.1.34. Before that, none of the controllers displayed this option.

photo
photo

"cluster" and "MORE in depth customer support" vs without it. i have a cluster with both my units and one on one support via skype.

photo

Sebastian,

My 2 cents worth:

If I understand you correctly, new firmware will not be charged for, but feature sets, which are licensed and server controlled on a per customer, per controller, per license based, will be charged for.

In order to avoid possible misunderstandings, should you perhaps change the wording of "upgrade" to "added features", as most software companies call new major firmware/revision revision numbers "upgrade" rather than "update".

Best regards,

Robert

Leave a Comment

Attach a file