This object is in archive! 

Need to add 433 mhs Temp/Humidity sensor

Svein-Egil Pettersen shared this idea 9 years ago
Completed

Hello

I have 12pcs 433mhz Temperature Sensors connected to Tellstick NET, works perfectly with Tellstick on 433Mhz, but I am in the process of migrating to ZipaBox DUO, but how do I add these sensors to ZipaBox DUO??

This is the one:

http://www.clasohlson.com/se/Temperaturgivare-hygrometer/Pr361797000

SOME SENSOR DETAILS:

My sensor/transmitter units are bought at Clas Ohlson,

Extra sensors are available as 36-1797.

These products are manufactured by W.H. Mandolyn International Ltd.

The sensor unit has their product ID WT450H, receiver unit WS2015H.

All units marked as Esic brand.

The signal is FM encoded with clock cycle around 2000 µs

No level shift within the clock cycle translates to a logic 0

One level shift within the clock cycle translates to a logic 1

Each clock cycle begins with a level shift

My timing constants defined below are those observed by my program

+---+ +---+ +-------+ + high

| | | | | | |

| | | | | | |

+ +---+ +---+ +-------+ low

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ clock cycle

| 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | translates as

Each transmission is 36 bits long (i.e. 72 ms)

Data is transmitted in pure binary values, NOT BCD-coded.

Example transmission (House 1, Channel 1, RH 59 %, Temperature 23.5 °C)

b00 - b03 (4 bits): Constant, 1100, probably preamble

b04 - b07 (4 bits): House code (here: 0001 = HC 1)

b08 - b09 (2 bits): Channel code - 1 (here 00 = CC 1)

b10 - b12 (3 bits): Constant, 110

b13 - b19 (7 bits): Relative humidity (here 0111011 = 59 %)

b20 - b34 (15 bits): Temperature (see below)

b35 - b35 (1 bit) : Parity (xor of all bits should give 0)

The temperature is transmitted as (temp + 50.0) * 128,

which equals (temp * 128) + 6400. Adding 50.0 °C makes

all values positive, an unsigned 15 bit integer where the

first 8 bits correspond to the whole part of the temperature

(here 01001001, decimal 73, substract 50 = 23).

Remaining 7 bits correspond to the fractional part.

To avoid floating point calculations I store the raw temperature value

as a signed integer in the variable esicTemp, then transform it to

actual temperature * 10 using "esicTemp = (esicTemp - 6400) * 10 / 128",

where 6400 is the added 50 times 128.

When reporting the temperature I simply print "esicTemp / 10" (integer division,

no fraction), followed by a decimal point and "esicTemp % 10" (remainder, which

equals first fractional decimal digit).

Summary of bit fields:

1100 0001 00 110 0111011 010010011001100 0

c1 hc cc c2 rh t p

c1, c2 = constant field 1 and 2

hc, cc = house code and channel code

rh, t = relative humidity, temperature

p = parity bit

Main decoding was done by Øyvind Kaurstad (http://personal.dynator.no/),

who reported about his work back in 2006 at

http://www.varmepumpsforum.com/vpforum/index.php?topic=3145.msg101023#msg101023

(Swedish forum, Øyvind writes in Norwegian).

On my request he let me share his findings (a spreadsheet analyzing signals

as captured by a digital oscilloscope), which made it quite easy for me to

write the actual code that decodes the wireless signal I receive.

Replies (51)

photo

Impressive work!

I have two of those sensors as well. Zipato team, Svein-Egil and Øyvind just made your work a lot easier, don't you think? Coding this spec would be like a walk i in the park :)

photo

Hi all

I forgot to mention in my first post that these sensor finding/details are not mine, this detailed information is just cut and paste from Google search..:-))

As ClasOhlson in Scandinavia has started to sell Zipabox DUO, I would guess that there is many users considering moving from Tellstick and to Zipabox DUO due to the support of 433mhz, and I also guess that ClasOhlson has sold a huge number of these sensors due to the low price, It think it would be smart for Zipate to support the sensors

Zipato: Any comments on this??

Regard

Svein-Egil

photo

Hi Domagoj

Thanks for your answer.

I can send you guys one of these sensors so you can implement support for it in ZipaBox DUO, just send med the full address and a name I can mark the envelope with

Regards

Svein-Egil

photo

Any news on this? I have also a couple of these. Would be nice if they worked.

photo

I would also love to have support for this sensor.

photo

Count me in. Need support for these ones:)

photo

I also want added support for these!

photo

me too

photo

It would be very nice if we get the support for this device. I do have 4 of these in my Tellstick config that I would like to move.

photo

Yes, Please support. I have 5 of these.

photo

I have 6 of these, if there is any SDK I can help with programming support for these.

photo

I have 2 of these, so it would be great if it worked with these.

photo

Interesting, so they work with Zipato if you replace the transmitters in the sensor with the ones you posted link to?

photo

Hi Kjetil,

Could work maybe, but there is no routine to join these to Zipato?

But at least those work very well after ASK transmitter changed - at Telldus Live.

photo

I guess we just have to wait until Zipato can officially support these.

photo

Now 20pcs of transmitters I changed to those Clas Ohlsson temperature sensors.

Ordered 10 more of those ASK transmitters. These are so great sensors, because it also has the probe and it senses humidity - but you do not have to use probe. Easy to measure air flow temp, water tank temp, evaporator temp etc. Low Cost and good for home automation.

In the end I used these antennas with those ASK STX882 transmitters.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NiceRF-low-cost-433MHz-32mm-length-copper-spring-antenna-SW433-TH32-10-pcs-free-shipping/1867534732.html

STX882 transmitters:

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6563838290.html?orderId=66427774174386

But these better transmitters & antennas are NOT needed, if you do not live at Farraday's case home like I have or you do not need any extra range for these temperature sensors.

photo
photo

Is there any temp/hum sensors similar to the 433 ones but for z-wave with zipato support?

photo

Is there any progress on the temp/hum sensors from Clas Ohlson or have they been rejected?

http://www.clasohlson.com/se/Temperaturgivare-hygrometer/Pr361797000

photo

These sensors are probably the the most common wireless sensors in Scandinavian homes, since they have been sold by Clas Ohlson in Sweden, Norway and Finland (~ 20 million people) for years. Hence a lot of users would be very happy if there is some way Zipato can manage to support it, despite the FM modulation (or is it impossible without changing hw?)

photo

I just bought one to do some tests. Cause its a cheap one and as you alla say its one of the most common "readers" in scandinavian homes.

photo

Any luck with getting this to work with the Zipato 433 module?

photo
photo

I am also hoping this sensors can work with zipato, and I have founde more Then one thread asking this.

Is there any other cheap sensors possible to use? I want to read tempratur several places outside.

photo

Personally, I like the Oregon sensors. They cost a bit more, but seem to be fairly accurate. They report with 0.1 centigrades resolution. All my Z-wave sensors report with a 1 degree resolution, which imho is not good enough.

I now have a mix of six THN132N and THN132GNs. I use som of them outdoors, but sheltered from rain, I do not think they would last long exposed, though

photo

Does the oregon sensor work fine on zipato ?

photo

Yes, they do, but you will need the Zipabox Duo or the 433 module. These sensors only operate on 3 different channels.this means that using 6 as I do, might result in collisions. I haven't noticed any problems, though.

photo

Ok i have the duo with 433mhz i will check them out

photo

Oregon THGR810 3.0 has 9 channels.

photo
photo

Dear,

We have ordered a Temperature and Humidity sensor from Clas Ohlsson. Our team will test them and make support for them as soon as we get them from our supplier.

Best regards,

Pero

photo

I'm looking forward to having this device added. Thank you very much!

photo

I have now problem to add the Oregon THGR122NR added as NX after it had stopped reporting. Says "no endpoints My second is reporting without a problem.

photo

I believe it's a problem in some version of the software I think it's fixed in latest beta. I had the same problem but solved it by using the old Dashboard through this link: https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/Dashboard#

photo
photo

Have you tried to upgrade to latest beta firmware release?

photo

Firmware is up to date. X.8a

photo

Mine is X.8q

Try: Controller Settings->Select Firmware->Beta(Newest) to update.

photo
photo

It worked by going via the old dashboard. But it stopped reporting again.

I will try to update

photo

Dear All,

We have received the Temp/Humidity sensor from Clas Ohlson.

Our team will do their best to enable support for this device.

Best regards,

Pero

photo

Looking forward to the results.

photo

I hope we could get it to work, I hade a topic to add that ESIC WT450H some monthes ago but still haven't any news...

photo

Pero Zovkić - Have you any update for us?

photo

Dear All,

I apologize on longer wait to my response.

Yes, i have good news. Our team has resolved this case.

Support for this device will be released with the new beta version of firmware.

However, if anyone of You would like to have support before we release new firmware just open a ticket on our support site. (be sure to leave Serial number)

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo

I have added it to my Zipabox and awaits the first readings.. Will keep you tuned :P

photo

Roger,

Did you get any results?

photo

I added the Esic Sensor just before my last post.

And the first results came like 30 min ago. See the attached pictures.

Will keep you guys & girls posted.

photo

Under what network do you add it?

zipato have added the fix to my box, but I can't find where to add it :-(

photo

I found it under Cotech. But I have not success to join the sensor.

photo
photo

Yes fpund it under cotech, and it joined...... without doing anything with the thermometer first..

Dag

photo

Mine doesn't want to get added, I try with different frequences but nothing helps, Zipato doesn't see it :(

photo

I had to remove the battery and then press the set button twice so it was ready.

Second time it worked.

photo

I am staying at "Starting device inclusion process..." and nothing more happend.

photo

I have upgraded to latest beta version (x8.q) but have problems to join my sensor. Have tried to pull out batteries, pressed SET buttons several times... What am I doing wrong?

photo
photo

I have successfully joined 2 sensors some hours ago, but they only report silly values..

Dag

photo

While I was implementing this protocol, I had a lot of signal interference with other 433 devices and I suppose that led me to false conclusion that it works fine, but I guess it was just a luck. You people have different or no interference and I suppose that is why the messages are decoded wrongly or not at all, so you can't include or get silly values. It is either that or my info about protocol are incorrect. Sorry for that, I will try to fix it next week.

BTW this protocol is a problematic one to implement because the messages have no preamble and have various number of bits, so it is very hard to distinguish its messages from 433 transmitters of other protocols.

photo

Anyone else here having problems with adding this sensor? I have upgraded my Zipabox to latest beta version (0.9.999.8q) and tried to press SET button on temp sensor several times. Also tried to pull out batteries.

Anyone that can give me a description of how to include this?

Thanks!

photo

Firmware .8q does not contain the implementation for the device.

This functionality will be available with the next firmware release.

If you want this sooner, maybe you can have it if you submit a ticket to support

photo

I got problem to add that device, support added it to my box but I can't add it, just waiting for next update...

photo

Ask support for the update again. I made a correction and they should have it.

photo

There is a new beta now ending with 8w, lets hope it will be better.

photo

I am not sure if it contains the last update I made today. Maybe you will need that and you may ask support for that. If you will still have troubles including the device, try to trigger message sending by pressing the channel button few times on the behind, but no need to actually change the channel you prefer.

photo

I have problems to connect my old WT450 with serial?number starting at 12, my new with serial starting at 13 connecting on the first try.

But the range is poor, maximum 5 meters.

photo

yeah the range is horrible, however in my case i think its the zipabox duo that is the reason for it. range on 433 on atleast my version seams to be really really bad

photo
photo

I asked Zipato to enable my box to add those devices over a week ago, but support is really slow. You all had to contact support before you could add the devices, or am i waiting for nothing? Becuse i still cant add my devices.

photo

Dear Mattias,

We apologize for the long wait to your response.

Please let us know if there would be any issues with device inclusion once you make firmware upgrade.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo

I tried adding it again after upgrade to last firmware 0.9.999.8x4 yesterday. But it did not work. I will try again after work and let you know.

photo

Im not able to join them, i have two with the serialnumber starting with 12 as Henrik above. Seems like they changed something when going from 12 to 13.

Anyone successfully joined a sensor with serialnumber starting with 12?

photo

Dear Mattias,

We have requested feedback for this issue from the manufacturer. Because inclusion process start properly on your controller.

Can you please tell me how you performing process of inclusion?

Best regards,

Pero

photo
photo

New beta is released and you should try to upgrade. I think it will be fine then.

photo

Which Beta is that Zeljko?

photo

0.9.999.8x4

photo

The ESIC sensor seems to work fine now. No more crazy readings and it seems to have better range.

Well done!

(Just on thing: In the event list, the temp values have 6 digits after the decimal sign. 1/millionth of a degree centigrades resolution. Impressive accuracy :) )

photo

Just one more thing. How do I set my sensors into the inclusion mode for connection? I have inserted the batteries during the joining process but that didn't work.

photo

I tried to add one and it succeeded, however it did not receive any values. I there for deleated it and now trying to add it again. However inclution fails and dont find anything on any channel or house number i try.

Its like it still think it exist and refuses to add the same serial number again

photo

I did the exact same thing and I have the exact same problem:(

photo
photo

When you delete a 433 MHz device, you must sync with the controller. Only then the device is really deleted on the box.

Also, do not try to change channel when discovery is already on. You choose the channel you prefer before you start the join procedure. When you pick the channel, let the device in peace for a few minutes. Then you can start inclusion, you can trigger the message sending by pressing the channel button, but as I said do not actually change the channel while inclusion is already on

Also, you need to have the latest .8x4 firmware on your box

photo

Thanks for the replay. I have synced, rebooted and latest beta firmware.

Will try some more later tonight., and post back how it goes

photo

after about 15 times i got one of 2 of them to join. Cant really see i did something specific that time.

Have tried with the other one allot of combination without getting it to join again

I have a zipabox duo, one of the first ones. I have never trusted the 433 either as receiver, sender or range. Would not be surprised if its related

Any input on this? thanks in advance

photo

Zipabox duo has a problem of signal interference. It is very possible that 433 won't work as it should. You should test other 433 devices (if you have them) and if you have problems, you should contact support.

If you choose to continue trying with ESIC before doing what I wrote above, you make sure that the other sensor does not use the same channel as the first one. Also, you may try to pull the batteries out of the included one (just remember the channel it was on) and then try to include the second one. If you succeed, you put the batteries back in the first one and set the channel it was on and it should work fine.

photo

Thanks again for the reply a dialog your input.

I use and tested several of 433 devices. Most of them is receivers. Range for sending get signal with the duo have allways been crap comparing to tellstick or similar.

Receiving signals have been even worse.

But not as bad as this combination behaves.

photo
photo

After sync and reboot I finally was able to get it to join. However the first read event didn't show up until the day after! I get events but it's hours between. What is the problem?

I have nine Oregon and they work just fine.

photo

Hello I also bought some of theese today. the first worked fine including, and give fine readings. have been working now for some hours.

The i thought i might ad another, but it wont include.

I have been trying this.

Selected another house number and and chanel, let it sit for a couple of minutes before pressing the chanel button after getting zipato in inclusion mode, wont find it

Also tried remoing the batteries and selecting house and chanel number no luck

I have alse been tying to hold the chanel button while zipato is in inclusion mode.

Also tryed to reboot the zipato and offcourse synching the zipato..

Have anyone succsessfully added several of theese ?

Anyone have a receipt that works??

photo

Same here. Still no luck with including more then one in latest beta.

photo

I really hope they dont give up now. Would be very good to have support for more than one. I think i wil give it a try again.. With removing the batteries.. It also looks like the other one already added is not sending to zipato, i know people using this in tellstick with No problem...

photo

just to add a comment, i dont know if it matters... The ones i cant ad alle have batch number starting with 15, the one i got to add have batch number starting with 14,

I also tryed to remove batteries from the one i got to add while trying to add new one,

also tryed to put another on the same home number and channell number dident get reading.. Im waiting a little bit before returning the sensors, i hope this is a fixable problem. if not i think i wil just go for zwave sensors..

photo
photo

What is the current status for supporting the Mandolyn temp/humidity sensor from Clas Ohlson? I am running version 1.0.17 and cannot find such a device under Cotech?

photo

The device is under ESIC brand. However, if you have a device that has older serial number, you might have problems adding it since there is some difference in protocol itself

photo

Hi, I also have an ESIC with serial 151295474. It is hard to add (works on arbitrary house codes and channels) but gets errors like "failed to rename device". Best house code(channel seems to be H01 C1.... ny fix to this? I am getting good help from zipato support though, but no fix yet.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file