This object is in archive! 

Nexa Z-Wave dimmer AD-146

anders brevik shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I bought two Nexa AD-146 and they does not seem to work properly. Are they supported, and if not, will they be?

Replies (10)

photo

Any changes here? They are on sale today, so it would be nice to know if they are go or no.

LK

photo

I returned mine, so I have no idea. I think my problems was mainly related to a LED-lamp with an effect that was to low. This made the dimmer work strange, but it was possible to fix. (fooling around with different non preset settings). Anyhow, I returned them because I was not able to use my switch as a dimmer. I could only turn on and off the light and dim over the zipato box. This was not wife friendly.

AB

photo

Ok, I will try one then and see, if i get it to work.

Thanks,

Lars Kristian

photo

Any luck Lars Kristian?

photo

Hi, Unfortunately not, so I returned them.

LK

photo

I got one of those and I haven't seen any problems so far. No problems to include it. Only glitches are that the LED spot I tested shows some flickering around dimming value of 20%, but lower or higher will work ok. The unit is also quite slow to react on local off by switch (takes 3-4 seconds to shut down). In general the initial test seems to work fine. Not more problems than my Qubion dimmers, just other ones.. :)

photo

Well, In my case they flickered at all low values, was slow when changing values, and with very visible steps.

I've just got my Qubino dimmers to work. They are much better, but must I'm a bit disappointed, as they also have visible steps on low dimming values. My old 433mhz Nexa was in fact much smother. Maybe there are more adjustments to do.

LK

photo

I did some more testing today and can confirm that they are quite slow, also for updating to the controller. Not sure if this is a problem of my setup, but anyway noticable. Today it also had more obvious flickering at low values, but stable at some steps. Over 20% however it works nicely.

Can agree completely with your impressions. I'm quite new to this and have also some Qubinos. I thought this setup should be stable and professional. So far not at all. The old Nexa on Telldus Duo was more stable and not showing up strange behaviors now and then. I'm still learning, but so far after one month with Zipato and Z-wave I'm not at all impressed. Too bad, because it looks so good on paper!

photo

Please note that these issues are not related to Zipato and Z-wave. There are many different dimmers based on Z-wave protocols, and controller is only sending your command to dimmer anyway. It's up to dimmer how fast and smooth dimming will be done.

photo

Hello Sebastian, yes totally agree. Dimmer behavior is not because of the Zipabox. The other comments were slightly of topics. More a feeling than anything else. It's just a little bit to much trouble so far and not consistent. Too many attempts needed to add units and too many of my old 433 stuff that doesn't work. Anyway I'm still optimistic and I'm sure that my Zipabox setup will be great. I just need to get to know it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file