This object is in archive! 

Not possible include doorbird d101

heavymetal shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi

my doorbird is not detected when i try to add it. I have created a new user in doorbird and i use its credentials to try to add in zipatile.

Regards

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

did u fill out the Port Field?

regards Helle

photo

Hi

I have try with and without : nok. I have rebooted zipatile and now doorbird is detected but when i want to save i have message 'fail to save device'

photo

I am getting the same error message ' failed to save device' - did you manage to resolve this?

photo

have managed to add it now but getting nothing from the doorbird back in to the Zipatile. Ie, nothing from the motion detector or bell button

photo

To check if it registered with DoorBird correctly, go to the DoorBird app, login to Admin. Under Favourites you’ll see HTTP Calls. It basically adds an entry there to the DoorBird API.. you’ll see a few lines pointing to your Zipatile. But its extremely unreliable (I gave up relying on it). The approach relied on a now outdated DoorBird app, has cloud to cloud and you miss messages all the time. It really should be in the SIP Intercom (soon I would hope). Good luck.

The failed to save device happens a lot, you need to clean up and try again, check everything, sync / refresh try again...

photo

oh dear - another device that doesn't really work with Zipato. Much like Nest thermostats - although hopefully that is fixed in the next firmware.

Thanks for the quick response though

photo

I think the issue here is that Doorbird have updated their api for their new models. So Zipato need to fix this. THough I have noticed within the doorbird settings that they are using http to communicate between their new and old apis for older versions of doorbird subscriptions. Clever Germans.

The issue I found with Doorbird is the camera, and you cant update the camera settings within Zipato.

For those who want local connection, the Doorbird app now supports local connection, and I think if you subscribe to their notification service via the api, it will send send to a local LAN device such as a Zipatile. (though I could be wrong here, it may still go via cloud)

@Adrian Brown, I am hoping to test the new Zipato SIP (which is working much better now) with the Doorbird sometime this week. I will keep you updated with the progress next week.

photo

Look forward to it. Yes you are right about notifications being local if you set them that way. I went back to sending a message from doorbird to known zipato local endpoint then pop up a custom message with voice on the tile disappearing after set time. Crude but all I had left given the implementation never held up

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file