This object is in archive! 

Secure SIR 321 Countdown timer - what's the correct type of device?

David Pritchard shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

At the risk of being banned for posting too many questions and bugs... :-)

I have just connected a Secure SIR 321 Countdown timer. The Zipabox recognised it as an on/off switch, but actually it's much more than that. The manual switch on the device allows you to activate the connected device for 30, 60 or 120 minutes before it turns off again (I use it for a towel rail in the bathroom).

The Z-Wave commands it support seem to allow quite a bit more than that. I've attached shots of the relevant pages of the manual. I'd be happy being able to select 30, 60 or 120 minutes. Right now when I turn the device on from the Zipabox, it's always set to 120 minutes.

Is there another Z-Wave device type that I could try, aside from on/off switch? Or is this not supported yet?

Replies (4)

photo

I may be able to answer my own question. In the top-level node of the device in the Device Manager, there's a configuration section in the settings. It sort of maps to what's in the manual. I'm going to try and figure out how the countdown interval is set.

photo

Nope, I return to my original question. The Configuration section just allows you to set a few parameters for the device, but not to invoke any new commands, as least as far as I can see.

Anybody have any ideas?

photo

Hi David,

Did you found any solution?

I Have a same issue SIR321 with RAZ2 controller

photo

Hi Yuli,

Not really. When it's turned on from the Zipabox, it's always set to 120 minutes. That's actually OK for me in practice because it's then turned off when the home automation detects that I've left the house.

But obviously it would be ideal to be able to set the duration.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file