This object is in archive! 

Using Zipabox Power Expansion Module with 208Y 3-phase service

Colby Boles shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

I have 208Y 3-phase service. I would like to measure complex power on all 3 legs. Can I do this with the Zipabox Power Expansion Module and 3 current transformers? How many voltage inputs does the module have? Would this require 3 modules or just one? Will the system compute the total instantaneous power correctly for the 3 legs, or just look at each one independently? Are there setup instructions somewhere that give some detail about the Power Expansion module setup for power monitoring?

Replies (2)

photo

can answer the question myself , the DSB28-3C is ment for a TN cs system and that means it has a neutral wire but my system has a It system and that means it does not have a neutral and is isolated from the transformer supply , that means the voltage readings will be offset from star point 3 phase , but according to math with division of square root of three when all three voltages is added it is correct , the main watt is also correct ,amp on each phase is correct but amp on all phases is not correct . but correct me if i am wrong

photo

this is not the zipato module but are also planning to use it for individual 2 phase breakers and keep the existing

Leave a Comment

Attach a file