This object is in archive! 

Vision ZD 2102 door sensor not registering events

Dino Novak shared this problem 8 years ago
Not a Problem

Hi,

forgive me but I am brand new to Ziapto and z-wave story but I have strange problem.

I included Vision ZD 2102 door/window sensor on the Zipabox without any problems.

In the Zipabox vicinty (up to 1,5 meters) Zipabox is registering state changes (open / close) of the sensor almost immediatelly.

But when sensor is installed (cca 7 meters from Zipabox with wall between), sensor is recognized and no trouble is reported for it, but it is not registering events. State seems to be locked to OPEN state.

When opening the window sensor is reacting (clicking and there is short pulse of the LED).

Thanx,

DiNo

Replies (2)

photo

Do you have a Zipabox Duo? If so, make sure that the antennas are placed right. I had range issues because I used the z-wave antenna in the 433 slot and vice versa.

photo

Hi,

No this is standard Zipabox.

Unfortunatelly it is not a solution to have nother electrically powered node in between as this is defying the purpose of security sensor which should work when power is down.

Is there any way to see log of events on zipabox as sensor is not in trouble mode so it is reachable, also can sensor constantly send status updates till confirmed ?

Thanx,

DiNo

Leave a Comment

Attach a file