This object is in archive! 

Wall Socket Chacon 54798

Pat@ shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi,

I bought 3 wall sockets Chacon ref. 54798, I added them in Zipabox as CAYCR-3500 Wall Socket. The integration of the module was well done but in the dashboard this module does not appears like an On/Off command. There is "No function" label under Wall socket module. Why?

Moreover how can we remove the wall socket without lost one code memory for the wall socket?

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

You should be able to add your socket if you upgrade to latest beta release 8k.

I am not sure if I understand your second question. If you won't to erase socket's memory, you should follow the reset procedure of your socket manufacturer. It has nothing to do with zipato.

photo

Hi, I tried to use the latest beta to resolve the problem but it is worst. Now the sockets are always "found" even there are in inclusive mode or not. Even there are "found" it doesn't work much more. So I downgraded. I hope there will be a fix as short as possible for this problem... Moreover I tried to add others device I never bought and there are always found too... I think this beta is really a beta, doesn't sound like it can be used :)

Thanks for your answer...

photo

Don't worry about that message that the device is found. It doesn't mean anything when 433 Mhz receivers are in question. You see, the 433 MHz receivers are only that - receivers. They do not send any signal to the box, just receive and they are never actually found.

You need .8k beta to make 433 MHz devices working. Don't even try with older beta releases. Try with .8k and explain your problem in more details.

photo

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I tried several things:

Last release: The device found and synchronised well (I heard the noise of the socket at inclusion), but the device is not visible in the GUI.

8k beta, I can see the receiver in the list, but when I click on the ON/OFF nothing happened.

Note that, I tested the sockets with the provided remote, and it works very well... I have other wall socket from another brand and I never encountered any problem...

Hope can help to resolve the problem.

photo

"Last release: The device found and synchronised well (I heard the noise of the socket at inclusion), but the device is not visible in the GUI."

- That is the UI issue. Go to the device manager, check where the "show as device" tag is (on endpoint or cluster level), choose settings, unselect the "show as device", save, then select the same again, save, refresh and sync. Do you see the device after all that?

"8k beta, I can see the receiver in the list, but when I click on the ON/OFF nothing happened"

- The device is not properly included or got out of the network. Delete this device, sync with the controller and re-join again. What happens?

photo

Also be sure you put the device in the learn mode BEFORE you start the join procedure with the box

photo

Thanks for your reply, I will try this evening.

photo

Hi, I tried,

1) release => playing with show as devicer, shows the module but impossible to toggle.

2) beta8 => ok, it works but before I had to reset the device for erase the registered code. So it means that if the memory of the device is full then the code are not replaced by a new one.

Like I explained to Pat@, it is possible to do it using the remote, press "OFF global" during the inclusion (5s after plug it).

Thanks for your support !

photo
photo

TThanks for your reponse. I don't want to upgrade to a beta version. When the stable release will be published?

Regarding my second question, to be more precise: when we delete in Zipabox a RF433 module like for example Chacon wall socket module, it does not release the memory slot in the wall socket if I well understand. Yet this socket has only 5 memory slot to save codes from remotes, so we lose one memory slot when we deleted from Zipabox. Moreover we can't release memory slots directly on the wall socket.

Regards

photo

We don't know yet when it will be published. It might take a while.

I wouldn't be so worried about memory slots. When all memory slots are used, the socket still can remember new commands. The only thing is that one of the old commands will be overrun as far as I know

photo

Hi Pat@,

Maybe it can help, I read somewhere that is it possible to reset the wall sockets with the remote.

1) Plug it

2) during the 5 s press the global off button on the remote

Normally the plug is resetted.

Without the remote, it is possible to do the same by sending "OFF" signal from the box during the 5 s.

I didn't try yet.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file