This object is in archive! 

Z-Wave+ FGMS-001-zw5

Serge Kouthon shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Hello,

I am contacting you because I’ve just bought 3 fibaro motion sensors. I put one of them in the kitchen, one of them in the bathroom and one of them in the stairs

I have successfully managed to associate them with my zipatile-B controller (Z-Wave+ compatible). I have also created some rules. Those rule are supposed to turn some light on when the motion sensor detect some movement.

Unfortunately at certains time of day (i.e. early morning or early evening for instance). The motion sensor status become crazy and alternate between motion and no motion. The light start turning on and off in a crazy way forcing me to deactivate the rule.

Some time the motion sensor would work seamlessly for 30mn and subsequently stall (i.e. it would detect no motion even at short range distance). some other time the sensor would turn the light on without any reason. Often the motion is detected after a delay of 4,5 seconds, and it take 20 second for the motion sensor to detect the there is no more movement.

Is there something I could do to correct this behavior ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Replies (5)

photo

Try checking the sensitivity configuration of the sensors, If they're set too sensitive they could be detecting "air mases moving" I was having that issue and decreased a little bit the sensistivity and it worked. Parameter 1 - Motion Sensitivity, Parameter 3 - PIR Sensor Counter, Parameter 4 - PIR sensor "blind" time.

photo

My sensitivity is set to 40.

With the original settings I had the same problem.

photo

I also had to set sensitivity between 40-45. (in the Bathroom and in the stairs). And around 60 in the Kitchen.

Unfortunately I noted that the luminosity value reported in the controller where not always synchronized with the actual value the sensor detected => I have to periodically reset the sensor !!! Doing a network healing won't change that !

photo

I had a similar experience with an older version of the sensor.

The sensor triggered very often when nobody was at home. I returned the sensor for a new one and now the problem is gone. At the moment I had two sensors with tis problem and if it is in warranty you should return it.

photo

Yep tryed to but the seller told it had to do with the zipatile firmware...

photo
photo

The sensitivity parameter is inverted 8 (default) is most sensitive and with a higher value it gets less sensitive. Try with 40-80 and see if you get a change in false detections.

I have 3 of them that works perfectly after changing the sensitivity parameter.

photo

Thanks Erik, IT does work. The thing now is that in order to synchronise the sensor with my main controller (Zipatile) I need to periodically reset the sensor manually (after 2 hours IT would turn yellow/red)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file