This object is in archive! 

Discount help for Zipabox1 users

AnkelNina shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

I Know this is a naive question, but Zipabox1 user are the only who can't migrate to V3...

Could be psosible to give a discount or credit bonus for Zipabox1 user, in order to spend in a new controller?

Replies (6)

photo

If you bought ZP1 this or last year i suggest to try to have some kind of refund from the reseller who sold you this box. Because he has sold you old and end-of-life hardware.

photo

Very Good Question. I hope Zipato will consider about their ZP1 users... because :

• They were the early adopters and badly suffered from the VERY low-quality of the box when it was launched, wasting hours to make it work properly with the help of Zipato support struggling to find solutions...
  • Quality never improved to industry standards-level despite promises, waiting announced bug fixes for month and years
  • Zipato betrayed their early adopters with new pricing policies. Basic functions (such as capacity to backup your Zipato configuration) suddenly had a fee !!! Box suddenly turned out to be one of the "prime expensive solutions" on the market without delivering "prime quality"
  • Now that there is a V3, I anticipate no new development will happen on V1...

CONCLUSION : I am curious about what Zipato will propose to VP1 users. The RISK I anticipate is that they experience tons of issues for Years and will NEVER have a box Working properly.

photo

For me a good compromise would also be if I could use my Zipabox as Zwave module for a Zipabox 2 and switch all my licenses from Zipabox 1 to 2.

So invest would only be around 200 € for Zipabox 2.

I opened a topic. But no answer from Zipato yet.

https://community.zipato.com/topic/using-zipabox-v1-as-a-z-wave-module-for-zipabox-v2

photo
photo

I'm hoping too that something will be offered to the Box 1 users.

@Olivier34

nothing to add here

photo

I have a Zipabox I bought it 1,5 years ago, how can I determine if it is a Zipabox 1 or 2 ? And what are the advantages of a Zipabox 2 compared to a Zipabox 1 ?

photo

You have a Zipabox 1.

2 wasn't available back then.

photo

photo
photo

@Theo Koster

Zipabox 1 has Z-Wave built in (with an antenna). For the Zipabox 2 you need an additional Z-Wave module. Furthermore the Zipabox 2 has USB, Wlan, PoE and an integrated battery. The only (German) shop I know you find Zipabox 2 here: https://control-your-home.de/gateways/zipabox/391/zipabox-2-z-wave-plus-gateway

photo

Hello guys. Whoever would be interested, I have at least 2pc black 1st generation zipatile that I'm happy to sell. 150 euro per piece. Can ship anywhere in the EU. They were not used much, rather rarely, so should be in nice condition. Whoever is interested, let me know. I can send pictures of each one.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file