This object is in archive! 

Rooms designer

Thibault Wittemberg shared this idea 10 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi,

It would be great to have a whole part of the control center that would be dedicated to room design (naming, deleting, ...)

It could display the rooms organisation in a graphical way and display the devices in the rooms and there relation chips.

Thibault.

Replies (19)

photo

I've seen this on another box with possibility to upload own pictures.

photo

I'm working on a my custom app with Unity 3D to make a 3d model of my house and direct controls on it (I will use the API to manage the box)....

There are a lot of free floor plan design software to use with export capability (homestyler.com)

photo

EddyZWave wrote:

I'm working on a my custom app with Unity 3D to make a 3d model of my house and direct controls on it (I will use the API to manage the box)....

There are a lot of free floor plan design software to use with export capability (homestyler.com)

EddyZWave wrote:

EddyZWave wrote:

Hi Eddy could you update me on your Progress as I'm also looking for something like this. Thank you ! (thomas.schreier@gmail.com)

photo

Bonjour,

un tres gros manque pour la zipabox l interface graphique.

Ou une connection avec openremote par exemple

photo

I'm working on the project at the moment and the UI is not ready...

photo

Eddy do you have some pictures from what you are developing. Please post a teaser. If you need betatester I´m interested.

I´m a little bit disapointed on the new Zipabox UI.

I have many years of experience from SCADA systems.

photo

Mats V wrote:

Eddy do you have some pictures from what you are developing. Please post a teaser. If you need betatester I´m interested.

I´m a little bit disapointed on the new Zipabox UI.

I have many years of experience from SCADA systems.

Hi Mats,

why are you disappointed?

photo

Peut on savoir si l équipe Zipabox a prevu un developpement pour creer un mode plan ou interface graphique ??

Cordialement

photo

Peut on savoir si l équipe Zipabox a prevu un developpement pour creer un mode plan ou interface graphique ??

Cordialement

photo

Hi Mats,

why are you disappointed?

It´s difficult to get an overview over devices and endpoints. I think it´s realy good for mobile devices but not for pc with webbrowser.

A good thing is the favorite section but I want more of them so I can do own selections for example one "favorite" section for each room and put icons for them in a menu. Build my own favorite panels/sections.

I also miss sort of room designer so I can import drawings and put in sensor values and status for devices. I understand that is not possible now but I hope it will be possible in the future.

photo

Probably the new upcoming UI will be better. But a graphic "home" view probably can be interesting, anyway.

Mats, pay attantion when you report problems or bugs too "strongly". sometimes he like to hide the post and ban account.

photo

It is something like this I want http://opennethome.org/

I like the zipabox especially the hardware. The most positive thing with zipabox is the modular thinking, to add new protocols.

I understand that we can´t expect zipato to develop everything all of us want. I hope 3rd part programmer will do it. I´m not a programmer.

photo

JE SUIS COMME tapis.

Zipabox is a produit exceptionnel.

Il ne Manque Que le mode plan ou un interface graphique moderne.

photo

JE SUIS COMME mat.

Zipabox is a produit exceptionnel.

Il ne Manque Que le mode plan ou un interface graphique moderne.

photo

Sebastian you have created a fantastic tablet dedicated to hanging in the wall... Your tablet will my future purchase but you should think to make a "custom" software only for active 24/24 hours wall tablets.

The very best way for my personal point of view is a "tablet format" dashboard with all important home values under the eyes and not by selection like all current applications.

Imperihome is a good software but not revolutionary...

A good and revolutionary dashboard should contain a 2d/3d planimetry and all important (most used) values directly on the rooms such as room temperature, room blind status (the z-wave "widgets" can be placed by drag/drop on planimetry coordinates under settings) . The background of dashboard should containt a real current "weather" animation like the day/night with rain, wind, snow etc....

A real and revolutionary dashboard should contain on the top of screen a set of portlets with the value of current consumption, Messages, Date and Time and at the bottom of screen a set of "important" buttons to access to the main common scenes like ("Wake up", "Sleep", "Away", "Home") and other small buttons to access to other widgets, scenes and settings...

No other functions are important in my perfect automation software vision...

I was started my vision of software thanks to Unity 3D a very popular game engine and compatible with all OSs android, ios, wp, linux, mac and pc... with only once develop line you can make the software for everyone.

I'm closing with these usefull link by Autodesk to make for free 3d home plans (exportable): http://it.homestyler.com

This is a good (but not perfect) example of dashboard: 130902084846499342

photo

tres beau.

Mais comment avoir le retour d'état des modules de la zipabox.

Merci

photo

tres beau.

Merci

photo

By the RESTful services

olivier wrote:

tres beau.

Merci

...by the RESTful services

photo

Se link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.remotestick

I like that on Zipato :-)

I have it on my android-phone and i LIKE IT

Leave a Comment

Attach a file