This object is in archive! 

Device Tamper ---->> Security ALARM

Henri BLANC (13-Fr.) shared this question 10 years ago
Answered

Hello

When I open a SP103 to replace the batteries, my alarm secutity locks. (Tested on two SP103)

I read in the security alarm memory information: tamper. This is good but I have not planned anything for this, and I do not see where the parameters of this violation alarm device. This only happens for some time, because in November during the last battery replacement that does not happen.

Thank you if you know.

firmware: 0.9.998

Replies (21)

photo

I just had The same issue when replacing My prev. Firealarm from everspring with The new from fibaro. Opened the box and alarm when off.

photo

Hello,

For me it's a problem, we should have the choice whether to use this feature, because nothing that to remove the sensor cover (changing the battery for example), the alarm will sound even if no partition n 'is activated as long as the sensor is included in a partition.

So just to change a battery without disturbing the neighborhood by the sounding of the alarm must either remove the sensor from the score, or set the alarm to silent in the settings.

For example on my sirens Everspring can enable or disable tamper with a simple switch, it's much better for the user.

You can vote too for the Zipato team solves this problem.

Thank you

photo

Hi,

the tamper switch exists for that reason, to notify user if somebody was manipulating with the device. If this device was included in a Security Zone the Tamper will activate the Alarm. For now it can not be avoided.

We are planing to implement a maintenance mode which will enable you to replace batteries without trouble.

Best regards,

Hrvoje

photo

Hello,

For me the best solution is to have the choice to enable or not.

Or the Tamper function is active only when the alarm is activated.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

photo

For tampered a sensor, it is necessary to enter the house, and if a intruder enters the house the alarm should sound, so I insist that this function is useless in my opinion

photo

Actually, sensor without tamper is generally useless. Tamper is active 24 hours, as no one should touch sensor ever, if the system is not in the maintenance mode. One of many examples, is when someone purposely or incidentally turn the sensor in the wrong position while the system is disarmed. This will probably not be noticed, so system will be useless when it is armed as maybe the key motion sensor is sensing motion in the wall, while intruder is waking behind it in the room.

Currently we don't have maintenance mode in the current UI, but it will be available in the new one. Until then, you can always, set the siren to silent mode before you changing batteries, if you care about neighbours.

photo

Hello Sebastian,

I just had my alarm triggered while I was at home (alarm OFF), the tamper alarm!!! The sensor fibaro didn't move to 1mm, nobody touched him.

Please sebastian, can you include an option or you can disable this feature "tamper" such as everspring siren or be in office that when the alarm is activated.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

photo

aldesign wrote:

Hello Sebastian,

I just had my alarm triggered while I was at home (alarm OFF), the tamper alarm!!! The sensor fibaro didn't move to 1mm, nobody touched him.

Please sebastian, can you include an option or you can disable this feature "tamper" such as everspring siren or be in office that when the alarm is activated.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

We will take a look at it...

photo

Thank you Sebastian, I await news.

photo

Hi Aldesign,

What was the solution to solve your issue?

Regards,

Pieter

photo

Hi Pieter,

I wait, zipato to work on the problem, for me this Tamper function should be activate only when the alarm is on, nobody can sabotage a sensor while I'm in my house.

Today I expect the modification to this function, but more users defer the problem, more it progresses faster.

Regards,

Arnaud

French user

photo

The best is to have the choice whether to use this function as a siren Everspring

photo

Hi Aldesign,

Thanks for your quick response! Let's wait for Zipato :-)

photo

we will add this options soon. However, please note that tamper function with de-activation option is not a tamper at all. Tamper is the most important while system is disarmed, as certain movements of the sensor can make it useless when it is armed.

photo

Thank you Sebastian, this option will be available in the next update?

photo

Sebastian. I agree with the others. Today I had two false positives on the tamper alarm. I was home, guests where arriving and somehow the Fibaro triggered a tamper alert. Very annoying welcome for the guests and my neighbors.

For me, the alarm is a nice to have and I don't mind if the tamper alert is permanently off.

photo

For now, I disabled the tamper detection in the configuration of the Fibaro motion sensors.

photo

aldesign wrote:

Hi Pieter,

I wait, zipato to work on the problem, for me this Tamper function should be activate only when the alarm is on, nobody can sabotage a sensor while I'm in my house.

Today I expect the modification to this function, but more users defer the problem, more it progresses faster.

Regards,

Arnaud

French user

Surely the tamper alarm should be just that - alarm if there is a tamper - a bit like a fire alarm which should be enabled all the time. If you disable the tamper alarm when the alarm is off then some unwanted "guest" could pick off your fibaro motion sensors (since they are not connected to the wall) and remove the batteries if they so desired.

I agree that false positives are another issue altogether... :(

Personally, I would think the design should have the tamper alarm on and false positives should be picked up with the sensor manufacturer.

/Marcus

photo

I have the same problem with the Fibaro multisensors. At least one of them gives a false tampering alert a couple of times a week, which triggers the alarm function in the Zipabox.

I'm very interested in just disabling the tampering alert in the Zipabox virtual alarm. The reason is that I'm only going to use it as a secondary alarm system, to flash lights if motion is detected. I'm not going to throw out my "real" alarm system, at least not until I can fully trust the stability of the Zipabox. (It's a nice promising system, but clearly not yet ready for uninterrupted, continuous operation)

So if I can't prevent the alarm from triggering on tampering alerts, until Fibaro fixes their devices to not give false alerts, I just have to disable the Zipabox alarm function entirely. That would be a pity since it does provide value even though I have another security system in place.

photo

I found this old discussion, as I just had the same problem with a sabotage alarm on a sensor it seems the problem is still not solved or switchable? :(

Does anyone have some news on this?

photo

I get tamper alarms from time to time from my three wired sensors that is connected to the security module so it's not isolated to wireless sensors. I have turned off the alarm sound for tamper events in my system but it is still annoying. I have had this system for many years and last week was the first time a magnetic door sensor caused a false security breach alarm. I should have measured that sensor impedance while the system was reporting the wrong state but didn't think of it at the time.

photo
photo

I have the same issue with the Aeon 6 in 1 multi-sensors. In the case of these sensors the tamper is not a cover switch but a vibration sensor. If you as much as tap one of these sensors you get an alarm. (in any alarm state condition)Another issue with the Zipatile is that if you leave this alarm state awaiting disarm code for too long the Tile will go to a blank screen and will have to be reset. I have found no other way to get the screen back. The unit is still responsive from the App or the Web interface...just no way to get the screen back. There doesn't appear to be any coding you can do on the sensor to change this.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file