This object is in archive! 

Varius Problem......What do you do??

Michele Favorito shared this problem 9 years ago
In Progress

Goode vening,

It's just one year that I was installed 5 Zipabox at my home and at my friend's home. At the begin I was sure that Zipabox was the future but now I just think that administration of this service is not professional.

This is the list of problems that I had in this last month:

- On Android APP all icon change with standard icona for each device;

- Sometimes Server is not available;

- In one Zipabox (that my friend use like alarm system) the siren turn on without command;

- We have some problems with camera that sometimes didn't work properly;

I think that you have to offer a good basic service before to offer a premium, for this kind of system the main things is the stability and the reliability of the system. You can't think that the simple people would buy this system and after have to ask every day the technical support.

Replies (6)

photo

I also have many problems and I'm starting to lose my patience... The zipabox is unstable and cannot be trusted for the moment with critical applications like security or radiator control.

I just got a new critical issue today: My box was offline when I got back home: => Unable to stop the alarm, unable to control the radiators.

So what do you do???

photo

Hello,

your Box can be offline for various reasons, like losing internet connection which is something that we can not control. However you can always Arm/Disarm your Alarm locally by using devices like a Keyfob or Keypad. The Climate program and the Rules are executed on your Zipabox so they will also be executed regardless of the internet connection. You can also regulate your radiators with a Horstmann thermostat HRT4-ZW.

Regarding a problem with the siren that turns on without command, this might be because of the Security configuration or something created in the Rules creator. It would be best if your friend would open a ticket at support.zipato.com so we could determine why this occurred. The same goes for the camera.

Are you using the old or the new Android app?

Best regards,

Hrvoje

photo

<<your Box can be offline for various reasons, like losing internet connection which is something that we can not control>> Internet connection was ok. Unless I am wrong the other reasons are under your responsability right?

<<However you can always Arm/Disarm your Alarm locally by using devices like a Keyfob or Keypad>>. I have a Zipato Keypad but it did not work like the Zipabox was not responding. I had to reboot the box to get it working again.

<<...You can also regulate your radiators with a Horstmann thermostat HRT4-ZW...>> I have a Horstmann SCS317 but you don't support it correctly yet. The solution you suggest is fine only if you are at home.

photo

And I was unable to disarm the alarm using the keypad...

photo

Summary of this week:

- All the rules were not working suddently.

- Unable to control any 433 Mhz devices.

- Virtual sensor state not updated correctly by rule creator...

I have hoped to have a stable setup for 2015 but unfortunately it is not following this way...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file