This object is in archive! 

Can new Zipato app (v3) be installed on Zipatile1

Janne Montonen shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi. If I want to use Zipatile1 in v3 environment, can the new Zipato app be installed on Zipabox1?

If not, can Zipatile1 be used in v3 environment at all?

Best Answer
photo

Hello,

"CLEAR OWNER" does not delete devices, it only removes your controller from the account, then you can add the same controller to another account which is basically the same account but on V3.

So in short all you need to do is go to Settings > Clear owner > open new Zipato application > Create system > Devices > add new server > input serial > sync *only after the sync will the new V3 app on the zipatile automatically login

Regarding the App repo, we have double checked and there is a "Zipatile Home" v3.1.4 application on the list of app repo. Press the refresh button on the right top of App repo app for your list to update.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi

ZipaTile1 can be used on V3 without any limitation.

If you want to install new app on ZipaTile1, you have to upgrade old app at min v1.3.94. The procedure is as follows:

- Unplug the Zipatile from the power supply

- Press "Volume up" and "Power" buttons at the same time and hold for minimum 10 seconds. Your ZipaTile will shut down.

- Press "Volume Down" and "Power" buttons at the same time and hold until the Android Recovery screen appears (30sec)

- Select to clean (wipe) data partition , hold down "Power" for 3 seconds to confirm

- Reboot the system

- Update controller firmware to v1.3.94+

- Open App Repo through the old Zipato app

- Install Zipatile Home application (black icon)

- Reboot the Zipatile

- If the old application starts up, press Home (circle) button and select Zipatile Home as default home app

photo

Does This means we lose everything that was installed on the Z1 ?

photo

Hi

it will reset all applications to factory default settings (all upgrades will be lost but all applications will be there) and all user-defined settings (for example for Intercom) will be reset, too.

All Z-wave devices and their settings will not be affected.

photo

Hi,

Excuse me to come back to your answer but I want to be completely sure I will have no problem. I have zipatile 1, if I flash it I will have all my zwave and room scenes?

Is V3 is still beta?

What's new with V3

Google assistant without needs of ifttt?

photo

Hi,

If you migrate from v2 to v3, you have to re-create all rules and scenes (and all other virtual devices, too). If you are already on v3 and you want to flash your ZipaTile1 app, all your rules and scenes will be stored in Zipato cloud so all of them will be sync with zipatile1 after flashing.

V3 is still in beta phase but improving on daily basis. There are lot of new features in V3 but Google Home is not implemented yet. We plan to start its implementation as soon as Alexa will be launched.

photo

Thanks for the feedback. So, just to be sure:

I don’t need to pair all my Z-wave devices again to my Zipatile?

Because it is really a pain to exclude and include all devices again, for the quibino’s you’ll need to attach a switch for example to do this. Not to mention that I’ll need get to them all, under the floors and in the walls.

When this is needed for migration to V3 then this would be a reason for me to switch vendor when I need an/to upgrade. My choice would be a vendor which have shown a better upgrade/migration path in the past, since I’ll have to start over and do all the setup again anyway.

photo

Since you don't do factory reset of your controller, all devices will be stored in Zipato cloud and sync accordingly (if you clear data from your controller). However, unregistered action (from v2 and register to v3) will not delete them from your controller so you can use them in v3.

photo

Thanks again for the fast reply!

Two last questions:

1. Will the names of the Z-Wave devices stay like they were saved, or will these reset to their default factory names?

2. Where will we read/get the notification that v3 is released and no more in beta/RC status?

Thank you.

photo

1. - names will be the same

2. - there is no official statement about V3 stable release date, yet. Our plan is to have it as soon as all features from V2 will be supported in V3 (like other protocols except Z-wave) and some other functionalities like Alexa and Google Home

photo

New Zipato App was supposed to be released last year, now I have updated my android OS and the old zipato app does not even open. coursework writing service UK Is zipato ever going Some features of the Zipato APP?

photo

Definitely! New Zipato App changed into imagined to be launched the remaining year, now I even have up-to-date my android OS and the vintage zipato app does now no longer even open. law assignment writing services in the United Kingdom Is zipato ever going Some capabilities of the Zipato APP?

photo
photo

I would like to know the same and also if al rules are saved since I’ve invested many hours in creating lots of rules and basically my whole floor heating is running on it and is prioritised. Without the rules, my fuses will blow as not all heating can be on at the same time...

Would also like to know if all virtual devices will still be there since the heating is controlled with virtual thermostats and virtual switches.

photo

Same question.

You should keep in mind that we can not spend all our time doing again what we spent a long time to do. We chose zipato because it seemed to be simple and really it wasn't so now please work on a real process to have everything working when we upgrade

photo

For me the same I have my entire heating and lighting running in rules (over 90 devices) if I have to rebuild everything then an upgrade is really not an option. Can someone from Zipato explain why the rules can't migrate with an upgrade? All data is in your cloud a central migration tool could be a good option in my opinion.

photo

Hi, I’m attempting to upgrade my Zipatile to v3 as well.

However I’m unsuccesfull so far.

I have reset the Zipatile (wipe data partition) and upgraded the firmware to v1.3.9.8.

However, there’s no black v3 app in the app repo to install.

Furthermore I’m also wondering how I can unregister my Zipatile in the v2 app (without losing all paired devices), in order to be able to register at the v3 app.

photo

Hello,

"CLEAR OWNER" does not delete devices, it only removes your controller from the account, then you can add the same controller to another account which is basically the same account but on V3.

So in short all you need to do is go to Settings > Clear owner > open new Zipato application > Create system > Devices > add new server > input serial > sync *only after the sync will the new V3 app on the zipatile automatically login

Regarding the App repo, we have double checked and there is a "Zipatile Home" v3.1.4 application on the list of app repo. Press the refresh button on the right top of App repo app for your list to update.

photo

Thanks! It worked!

I had to remove the updates of the Repo app itself though to make the V3 app visible.

photo
photo

Welcome to copywriting services online, we collaborate with educational institutions to develop tailored solutions that address their specific needs and challenges. Our services include program evaluation, accreditation support, and institutional assessment to help institutions maintain high standards of academic excellence.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file