This object is in archive! 

Is new Zipato APP ever going to be released??

Alberto Macias shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

New Zipato App was supposed to be released since last year, now I have updated my android OS and the old zipato app does not even open. Is zipato ever going to release the new app or am I missing something?

Replies (1)

photo

I see now there is a different (black) app on the google store which I could download, install and open but surprise, no controllers. I see other posts now complaining about V3 manual migration, seriously Zipato? now what are the early supporters of the system with over 50 devices and over 100 rules are supposed to do? do you guys seriously think this is a good way to take care of your current customers?

photo

The new app only works with Zipabox 2. V1 isn't powerful enough (they say).

photo

Hi

ZipaBox1 can be used on v3 platform but not like a Master server. It can be Slave server only. To have Master/ Slave system on v3, you need Multiserver license which enables up to 5 servers (controlelrs) in 1 system.

photo

Hi, I have zipatile v1 and I bought when I install it the license I THINK, BUT I CAN CHECK IF YOU TELL ME HOW(I have to tell you that understand how it work, what is use for, if server V3 can be use... You should release a complete faq) so what will I lose if I upgrade to V3.

I have 2 zipatile and 1 ZIPABOX and I want to still be able to manage after upgrade

Really it is so difficult to understand how I should do that I am thinking to use another model of box, I am worried about support in case of problem (I am just a user light geek lol)

photo

Hi

in V3 you can use Zipatile1 even without a new app installed on Zipatile1 - mobile app is a main application for controlling devices in your system.

V3 platform is still in beta phase so not all features from v2 are implemented yet but it is updating on a daily basis. Keep in mind that all virtual devices (alarms, thermostats, scenes, rules) have to be re-created in v3 platform.

It is possible to install a new app on Zipatile1 by following procedure:

- Unplug the Zipatile from the power supply

- Press "Volume up" and "Power" buttons at the same time and hold for minimum 10 seconds. Your ZipaTile will shut down.

- Press "Volume Down" and "Power" buttons at the same time and hold until the Android Recovery screen appears (30sec)

- Select to clean (wipe) data partition , hold down "Power" for 3 seconds to confirm

- Reboot the system

- Update controller firmware to v1.3.94+

- Open App Repo through the old Zipato app

- Install Zipatile Home application (black icon)

- Reboot the Zipatile

- If the old application starts up, press Home (circle) button and select Zipatile Home as default home app

photo

Probably better to wait until it is stable and with a real process.

What will be better in the V3?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file