This object is in archive! 

Battery level through MQTT

Pat@ shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

is it possible to catch battery level information of devices through MQTT API for Zipabox?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi

it is possible to get it through API calls request/devices/UUID/info and request/devices/{uuid}/status. Its response body is as follows:

"state":

{ "batteryTimestamp": "2020-04-21T14:53:37Z",

"sentTimestamp": "2020-04-22T09:56:57Z",

"online": true,

"trouble": false,

"receiveTimestamp": "2020-04-22T09:56:57Z",

"transactionId": "0eedffcf-ffc1-4340-bbb0-867f07498304",

"onlineState": "ONLINE",

"timestamp": "2020-04-22T13:25:05Z",

"batteryLevel": 89,

"mainsPower": false }

photo

You have this information through "normal" API but is it possible with MQTT API?

photo

yes it is: use the topic: /${root}/request/devices/${uuid}/status

$(root) is the same for obtaining a value: /${root}/attributes/${uuid}/value

photo

I have tried through normal API and it is OK but I don't understand how use it with MQTT:

- should I subscribe to a topic /${root}/request/devices/${uuid}/status and wait that the Zipabox publish to this topic? In this case how often the Zipabox publish to the topic?

- or should I publish to the topic /${root}/request/devices/${uuid}/status and susbcribe to another topic (which?) to wait for the response?

Thanks for your response

photo
photo

Hi Dino

Can you explain more ? Which request to send in MQTT for obtain battery level ?

Actually I receive MQTT info from all my devices with topic : /attributes/UUID/value{value} and I can send commands with topic : /request/attributes/UUID/value

Thanks for your help

photo

Hi

please find in the attachment the lastest MQTT documentation (v2.9) where under Device topics (pages 23 & 24) you can find part about retreving device data.

Regarding battery level data, it will be published when its value is changed.

photo

Hi

thanks but is not very easy to understand the documentation because in fact it is necessary to publish to request/devices/${uuid}/status and read response from /${root}/${uuid}/status.

It is not exactly what it is writen in the documentation! But it is OK now.

photo

Thanks for the documentation Dino, I have been posponing the test of MQTT integration with Zipato, plus I'm starting to learn this protocol.

photo

Hi Dino

Thanks for your explainations. I use a thomsonbox and MQTT run well. But all my devices batterylevels are to "0".

Is this normal? The battery level does not seem to be implemented?

Thank for your help

photo

With thombox too, if got a -1 value for device with low battery. I suppose thomson devices does not return percentage.

photo
photo

Hi

here is attached updated MQTT documentation - version 3.1.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file