This object is in archive! 

zipabox 1 and new app

Rakesh Thadani shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

dear zipato team -

i have the zipabox 1 and i am using the old app.

clear questions :

1. can i use the new app ?

2. how do i install it and make it work ?

3. will ALL devices, settings and routines remain ?

thanks for a clear answer.

best, rakesh

Replies (1)

photo

Hi

in general ZipaBox1 is not supported fully on Zipato V3 platform (new app) since it has a problem with Z-wave module when its firmware is upgraded to the latest beta version (fw > 1.3.93+ is reqauied for V3 platform).

We are working on solving this issue and after it will be solved, you can transfer from V2 to V3 platfrom by following this procedure:

1. Unregistered (Clear owner option) your controller in v2 platform

2. Create v3 account at https://my3.zipato.com/zipato-web/app2login - it is possible to use the same account from v2

3. Under my3.zipato account create System

4. Add server (controller) from step 1 to the System as a Master server - NOTE: Master server can be any Zipato controller but NOT ZipaBox1

5. Add another server to the system as Slave server (Multisever license is required) - optional; NOTE: Slave server can be any Zipato controller.

6. All real devices from v2 will be presented in the System

7. All virtual devices, Scenes, and rules should be re-check by user and re-created if necessary (it is not supported transfer virtual elements from v2 to v3)

Regards

photo

Thanks for this detailed procedure.

If we follow this procedure does Zipato GRANT that all device / all rules will work ?will I face issues with "limited brands allowed" or "advanced rules functions (rule creator PRO)" ?

in other words, on my current Zipabox 1, what is now paid software functions are included (unlimited devices, rule creator pro). If I purchase a new zipabox, will those functions be retrieved automatically by the above procedure, with no additional costs from my "old zipabox" to the "new Zipabox " ?

Thanks in advance

photo

Hi

when you migrate your system from V2 to V3, all virtual devices (including rules and scenes) must be re-created. Concerning migrating licenses from V2 to V3, please open a ticket and our support team will check your particuilar case and let you know if it is possible to use the same licenses.

photo

Hi,

What is regarding KNX IP support and its devices migration to V3 platform from Zipato V2? I have over 100 of devices defined, will it be migrated? Does it works correctly?

Thank you!

photo

Hi

at the moment KNX network is not supported on V3 platform, so it is possible to use KNX devices on webUI (V3 platform), only not in the mobile app.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file