This object is in archive! 

ZIpatile 1 migration into v3

Brett Stiles shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

I am attempting to move to the new v3 platform. I add the controller to the system, but it will not allow me to add the serial number of my zipatile 1 to the server serial number. it fails the sync. what am I missing.

Replies (5)

photo

Can someone from Zipato add some context to why this is happening? It would help to have a bit of information even if a solution is not available.

photo

I was missing that step. I unregistered and was able to port over to V3. It worked smoothly. Unfortunately my thermostat PRO and Virtual Alarm is now gone and I have lost my 3 thermostats. I am unable to add them due to no license now (which I did have on the old system and makes sense given the nature of the Zipatile). I am sorting through all this now. when I am complete I am going to post a detailed step by step thread.

photo

I am into it now. Aside from rules, virtual devices and users, I just kind off flew into it head down. So far, everything is here. oddly some of my devices show up differently so I am spending time to fix descriptions and devices. One item to note is that all assigned rooms for my zwave devices defaulted to a numeric room. I had to add all my rooms and assign them again. fairly minor. I lost my licenses as well but Zipato assisted me with that.

photo

for context. When I stated everything showed up, that was in the web interface. The app is missing a ton of my types/widgets although I can see them as devices. I just can't see them in my Dashboard.

photo
photo

So far things are going well. It took some time to get most of my devices added. I am missing a couple in my dashboard currently but I can access them via the devices menu, the just don't show up in the dashboard yet. They are working on add the devices. I have put a couple of tickets in on various issues and they have been prompt and professional at resolving the issues. The only major issue I have outstanding that is troublesome is the camera. The camera is still not functioning, but this has been an issue for some time (it will take the occasional image, but I cannot live stream or capture images on my terms).

The web interface feels unchanged, but more refined. I can access everything there via all my devices in place of the app (except for the camera that very specifically states use the app)

It took some doing to convert. when the Zipato team updated devices, I would have to go and select my zwave devices under device manager and change the names a few times and configure what was set up to "show as device". Like most people have stated, all my rules had to be rebuilt, which I had taken snap shots of and was able to re-add them easily enough and made a few stream lines along the way. All the members and contacts all got blown out and I had to re-add them. I had an issue with my pin and could not arm/disarm my security via the app (it worked in the web interface), but they also resolved that.

The new app interface is nice, although I didn't have too much to say about the old one. the rules are available via the app now, but it is lines of text and for right now prefer doing rules in the web interface. The app is the same on all my devices which is nice. The only thing I would like different in the app aside from my 3 missing devices would be to have the ability to re-arrange the devices under each of my sensor types to the order I like. I was able to overcome this somewhat by renaming the devices.

So to sum up, there are a couple of little issues, some of which were there prior to my upgrade. The V3 app (black) is a much stronger and better designed interface. I am happy with my choice to convert, it did take nearly 2 weeks to resolve everything which is due to the time difference between Alberta and Croatia. I receive the responses in the morning then I respond (sometimes I would respond early enough to get a response in the same day), which they would receive the next day when they start work.

Hope this answers some questions for some.

photo

Any news on the "final FW " for ZB1 as well as first official release of V3?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file