This object is in archive! 

Cannot add Philips Hue Bridge V2

Marcus Svensson shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I've tried several times to add the bridge but it just won't work.

Add device - Philips Hue - Hue Bridge

When i'm asked to put the bridge in inclusion mode and i press the button on the bridge, nothung happens. Help!

Best Answer
photo

I succeeded. Simply turn on the bulbs during inclusion

Replies (10)

photo

Hmmm... With previous firmwares I had problems to include Phillips Hue, what firmware are you running on your device? If it's not the latest try updating to the latest official firmware and try again.

photo

I have the latest firmware. That's the odd thing.

photo

I laso have the same issue with the latest firmware.

photo

I have the same problem.

photo
photo

Me too. All latest firmware

photo

Me too. Not able to include.

photo

Open a ticket on Zipato support and include your controller serial.

photo

Has this issue ever really been fixed? I can add a bridge but none of my lights show up. I've tried everything short of factory reset of my hue bridge (what support suggested). I have too many lights to remove and add them all.

photo

Can anyone confirm that it works to include Hue Bridge with Zipato? I have tried several times but only get timeout or error. Have also sent a ticket but no answer yet.

photo

I confirm that it works. You have to do a new include every time you add a new lamp or bulb to the Hue Brigde. Keep the Hue Brigde very close to Zipato, and restart both before you start the include.

photo

Thanks Ole, I will try again! /H

photo

Hi again, still no luck, getting config failed every time. /H

photo
photo

Hi Ole, what version of HUE bridge are you using please?

Thanks

photo

I have the 2nd generation Hue Bridge.

photo
photo

me too i can't add my hue bridge to zipato v3

photo

Same problem, ticket open

photo

Firmware Hue bridge : 1937113020

Firmware Zipatile : 1.3.61j

photo

I succeeded. Simply turn on the bulbs during inclusion

photo

I had the same issue and contacted support. The answer is that the Philips HUE Api has been changed. So this needs also to be changed at the site of Zipato. They stated that it will be done in a couple of weeks. Until Zipato has made the change in the Philips Hue interface inclusion will fail.

photo

Did they say when it will be available?

photo

So in order to use the latest Hue Bridge API, one would need to upgrade the Zipato hardware to ZB2 or ZT2 ? Does anyone have a link to an open ticket on this where I can vote?

photo

That was a clever solution Patrick, but of course quite much work I guess with two floors of Hue lamps that I have. However I just have a few real use cases from Zipato to Hue. The HueDynamics allows me to make master switches on the Hue dimmer controls so that I can easily turn on or off the lights of one floor, or the whole house. So I guess the only use case I am left with is that I would like the hallway lamp to turn red when entering the house with alarm being on (as a big visual reminder) and to turn the lamp red if alarm succesfully is turned on (indicating that all my doors and windows are indeed shut). But maybe I could do that more easily with some other feedback from Zipato.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file