Support for Nexa NEYCT-705 (4x4 switches) remote please

Benny Blomkål shared this idea 9 years ago
Completed

The Nexa NEYCT-705 has 4 on/off buttons, and a slider which can be set in one of four locations, allowing 16 separate switches to be controlled by it.

It also has the regular all on/all off buttons.

It gets detected when adding a NEXA PET-910 remote, except it (obviously) has more On/Off-buttons which need to be recognized.

Thanks in advance & best regards

BB

Replies (11)

photo

I'm almost sure that the NEYCT-705 was in the list prior to the latest firmware upgrade, although with one of the buttons mislabeled.

By the way, the "G on/off" isn't a real "all on / all off" on this remote, it's another channel, so the remote actually has 17 channels.

Add it as a Chacon CAYCT-814 instead, it still works.

photo

Jonas,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried adding my Nexa NEYCT-705 as a CAYCT-814, but it doesn't work. The discovery process counts down all the way to zero no matter how eagerly i press the buttons on my remote :-/

Any hints?

photo

Yes!

Press channel 1 OFF button on your remote! ON button does not work. Oddly enough...

You will have to press it a couple of times since Zipabox only randomly listens to 433 signals after the last firmware upgrade, and we are still waiting for Zipato to get their proverbial thumbs out of... Well, you know... Or at least admit their mistake and revert to the earlier firmware, which sort of almost worked!

Perhaps they are trying to decode 433 signals in JAVA code or something??? This stuff is very time critical and has to be done with proper interrupt handling. Cheapest and easiest is to do it in a simple coprocessor to offload the main CPU, and circumvent all timing issues with other code what so ever...

photo

Jonas,

Thanks again. I kind of got it working with your help. Still stuck on actually getting things done using the remote in question, but perhaps that's due to the 433 MHz issues you mention. Nothing that should be in this thread anyway. =) Thanks a lot!

Btw, to Zipato staff: inital request to add support for the mentioned remote obviously still remains.

photo

It should work, except that you may have to push the button several times before Zipabox reacts to it, due to the present 433 MHz issues.

What are you trying to do with the remote? I mainly use my 705s to trigger rules to trigger scenes, and that works just fine.

However, when Zipabox do listen to 433 MHz signals it then reacts very quickly, so you need to begin your rule with a short wait before triggering any NEXA switches or other outgoing 433 MHz actions. This is to avoid collitions while the remote is still sending.

photo

Jonas,

Thanks again. Managed to get the Zipabox do stuff when pressing remote buttons now. Mainly testing at this point, will be setting up some actions based on a nexa motion sensor and a doorbell. Thanks for the tip about starting with a short wait too, you'be been very helpful!

Best regards / Benny

photo

Ivan (and others interested),

I can confirm that this is now working. Awesome!

Thanks Zipato, keep up the good work!

photo

Does not work for me with NEYCT-705 orLKCT-614-2 What is the problem. Is there a way to test my rule whiteout a physical switch?

photo

I got NEYCT-705 to work but not LKCT-614-2 and I can't set a button as monostable switch?

But it would be good if you saw if zipabox reacts on inputs.

photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVinohs2v4M

The LKCT-614-2 works but I think that the signal is week or slow reacting. If any one have a good solution pleas help. Antenna or something?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file