Philips Hue support 2020

Allan Hansen shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

What is the status of Philips Hue bridge support?

When I try to add a Hue bridge, I just get an error: Configuration failed! No devices found.

Do anybody else experience this problem? It used to work just fine.

This has been the case for some months now. I read somewhere, that the Hue API had changed and an update was needed on the Zipato side? Can anybody confirm this and do we have an estimate of when we will have this update.

Cheers, Allan

Replies (6)

photo

Hi

it is requried to upgrade fw version to 1.3.116 to enable including of Hue Bridge.

With older fw versions including is disabled but using of Philips Hue devices (already included) should work properly.

photo

Hi Dino

OK, thank you for the info! How do I upgrade the controller to 1.3.116? - Right now it says firmware up to date at version 1.3.61.

Cheers

photo

Hi

1.3.116 is the latest beta version. If you agree to upgrade to the latest beta version, please open a ticket and Zipato support team will upgrade it via API

photo

OK, thank you. I have opened a new ticket.

Cheers

photo

Mine is also now working.

Thank you.

photo

Sounds good that this solved your issues.

I'm on a zipabox 1, which can only be upgraded to version 1.3.61. So for me HUE support is depricated and is not supported anymore. This might be a deal breaker for some.

Cheers, Allan

photo

I found the upgrade to the ZipaBox 2 has been worth it as I now suffer far fewer issues.

It did take me a few days to transfer things over but I'm glad I did.

photo

Are you saying that zipabox 1 users have the hue bridge deprecated?!?

So I can use the bulbs already included but I cannot update with new bulbs or reinstall the bridge?!?

I can accept that an old system cannot have new features (to be honest google home support is a 2yr old story, but goes on), but remove a supported device is a bad bad choice (and this is obviously a choice to avoid users to use hue bridge without upgrading their hardware).

If this is true and will not be fixed, is another great reason to running away from zipato asap (and this is the reason I wrote from an account with a fake mail, zipato banned be - preventing me to open tickets too - because I protested on the community stating that I want to switch to home assistant or similar.. but this is another story and they will receive an official complaint from ecc-net).

photo

Hi Alone User

Yes that is the case. I think it might be caused by changes in the hue API, but it is still a problem when the updates are not backported to the older devices. But maybe Zipato can provide the details.

photo

Hi

the issue with including Philips Hue Bridge is caused by changing in the Hue API (url has been changed) so we have updated it in the latest beta version. Unfortunatelly, the latest beta is not suitable for Zipabox1, so for ZipaBox1 is not possible to include a new Philips Hue Bridge but it is possible to use already inlcuded.

We plan to update fw for ZipaBox1 in order to enable using of ZB1 on the V3 platform, so this fix will be a part of that update.

photo

This is a good point Dino. Fortunately there's someone in zipato that is able to explain a little bit better the developing stage even if with the lack of exact timings.

Thanks for the explanation.

This is also an implicit good news for old time users, wich may continue - perhaps - to use their box with a renewed fw and app.

photo

To be clear, because I read something that seems not the same that we can understand reading above.

@Dino: the future firmware upgrade for zb1 will let the user to migrate to v3 using ZB1 as a master in a 'single controller' environment? Or the new firmware will let only to migrate to v3 in a master-slave environment (so this mean that single ZB1 users will left to theirself and without philips hue support) ?

Probably I was too optimistic.

photo
photo

I would also be interested in learning whether or not connecting a hue bridge will work again on a ZB1, and if a long promised feature such as Google home will still be brought to ZB1. As they were selling points at the time...

photo

I need to know too.. many of us need to know.

but again, when a certain reply is needed.. zipato disapper :(

photo

I personally have stopped counting on zipato to support zb1. Hence a year ago I moved to jeedom on raspberry to expand my system. I still use zb1 for my alarm only. I rely on mqtt protocol to replicate my zwave sensors in jeedom and trigger rules in jeedom when door are opened or movement is detected.

photo
photo

Hi,

a bit off topic question to hue users.

Can you use hue remote controller connected to hue bridge when hue bridge is connected to zipato to control hue lights?

Hue remote control can't be used when directly connected to zipato.

Hope you understand my question.

Thanks

Janne

photo

Yes, if you just connect the hue bridge to zipato you can use the hue system as normal. If you connect your bulbs directly to zipato I would think you should also connect the remote to zipato. I do something similar with SmartThings and Ikea stuff. It works. But I just leave the hue units on the hue hub altogether and integrate that with SmartThings.

photo

Ok, thanks.

One more question.

Can you use hue remote controllers/motion sensors in zipato rules when these devices are connected to hue bridge?

photo

When you join hue bridge to zipato, commands (from rules, from UI) are sent through the Hue bridge. As a result the devices are indipendent. You can use your hue remotes, or your hue app normally and you can control your lights from zipato rules or web/app UI.

At least until zipato decided that zipabox1 users must no longer have the ability to integrate hue devices.. as I understand from what was wrote above

photo
photo

Can you use remotes connected to hue bridge to control other devices connected to zipabox (for example roller shutter which is connected via z-wave) in zipato rules?

I'm asking this because if the answer to the question above is yes, I could use reasonable priced hue remotes to operate house.

Hue remote can be paired to zipabox with zigbee module but remote can't be used in rules. So it it useless.

photo

your article is nice keep posting.

prism lead india is best business listing company for CA service, Modular Kitchen Design, Painting, Packers and movers, Event Organizer. we provide good services

<a href="https://prismleadindia.com/commercial-interior-designer-bangalore/">Commercial Interior Designer Bangalore</a>

<a href="https://prismleadindia.com/interior-designers-in-bangalore/">Interior designers in Bangalore </a>

<a href="https://prismleadindia.com/tv-repair/">tv repair service near me</a>

<a href="https:/prismleadindia.com/refrigerator-repairing-services-in-bangalore/">refrigerator repairing near me</a>/

Leave a Comment

Attach a file