This object is in archive! 

Zipatile Features

Włodzimierz Pszenny shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

What is the difference between ZipaTile SMART and PRO? What is in SMART version limited to 3 and what is unlimited in version PRO?

Regards

Wlodek

Replies (10)

photo

Hello Wlodek,

please take a look at the official comparison below:

https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/features

Best regards,

Stefan

photo

That was the question. What does is it mean. 3 or unlimited of what?

photo

Hi,

these are the numbers of addable protocols, the SMART version is the basic version which allows a number of 3 protocols in total, where the PRO version offers unlimited.

Best regards,

Stefan

photo

Ok, what is the protocol? Protocol to be simple is the the language of communication two elements. So protocol is Z-wave,, ZigBee, KNX, and so on. That's why in protocol of communication e.g Z-wave there are 3 of what?

photo

Every Zipato controller with Smart Licence can talk to devices through 3 different communication protocols or environments. Example; If you have Zwave devices (as many as Zwave allows) that counts as 1 protocol, if you have Phillips hue (as many bulbs as you have) that counts as another protocol, so total 3 on smart licence.

With PRO you can talk to all protocols and environments supported by zipato.

photo

In the features list there are 23 listed protocols available for as well for SMART as PRO. Protocols are listed below

So 3 or unlimited do not refer to protocols. 3 or unlimited refer to something within every listed of 23 protocols as well for SMART as PRO

Protocols3unlimited
Z-wave plus
ZigBee
KNX
EnOcean
CoCo
Chacon
Nexa
ARW
LightwaveRF
Somfy RTS
Kangtai
Oregon Scientific
DSC
Paradox
Dakota Alert
Goelst
Pulsework
Blyss 433
P1
HDL
Nest
Philips Hue
Global Cache
photo

Yes, you can pick 3 of any of the protocols available with SMART (you pick at the moment you add a zwave, zigbee, etc. device). You don't need to pick with PRO because you have them all. And they do refer to protocols/environments.

photo

So, since there are 23 available protocols for both (SMART and PRO) I can pick 3 od 23 protocols as they are limited not unlimited

photo

I need the clear answer of Zipato Support Team what the 3 and unlimited mean if there are limited protocols to 23, that are listed below "Protocols' on Feature List of ZipaTile. There are not protocols since protocols are limited to 23.

Regards

Włodek

photo

Hi

I would like confrim your previous comment - "So, since there are 23 available protocols for both (SMART and PRO) I can pick 3 od 23 protocols as they are limited not unlimited".

In other words - if you have Basic (Smart) license you can connect as many as possible devices which have up to 3 different protocols (for Example Z-wave, Zigbee, Philips Hue or in other case Zigbee 433 and EnOcean). Of course, you need required modules.

If you have PRO license you can connect as many as possilbe devices which have up to 23 (all possible) protocols.

photo

So you want to tell me that the same figure in SMART and PRO refers to different data. 3 reffers to numbers of protokol and unlimited refers to numbers of device. Very sofistecated logic. I have never met this one.

photo

Both options have unlimited number of devices (limited by protocol not by Zipato).

photo
photo

You already have 4 answers. The answer is very clear. If you have a basic license, you can use 3 of these 23 protocols at the same time. If you have a Pro license, you can use all 23 protocols (unlimited) at the same time.

photo

if they would be limited they should marked as active or inactive e.g. below. Otherwise it is ambiguous what is available or unavailable. Please notis that all protocols are marked as active.

Rule creator
Control
When
If
else
repeat
photo

Then make a suggestion. I have no idea what it should look like. The table shows you all protocols you can use, with the addition that for Basic you can only use 3 of them at the same time. Your example is something completely different. This table shows that certain functions are only available on the Pro or both.

photo

Not there is not true. If go to CU you will notice that it operates devices not protocols. Devices within every available protocol. In Smart licence you are able to associate only 3 device to CU in every protocol and in PRO licence unlimited number of devices. There is practice that does not follow the web site theory.

https://www.zipato.com/help/en/introduction#gateway

Gateway

Depends of which model of ZipaTile you have, you can connect various devices by using various communication protocols, and automate them by using Zipato automation tools or just control them from your mobile phone no matter where you are. Please check the technical specification of you ZipaTile to learn which network modules are integrated inside.

photo

SMART license gives you 3 protocols to pick and as stated above you are limited to the protocol, not Zipato. I have two zipamicros with SMART licenses, in one of them I have around 20 zwave devices connected to it. PRO license (besides other stuff) gives you the ability to connect to devices using the 23 supported protocols, again, limited by their own nature I have two zipatiles and one zipabox with PRO licence.

If there is a problem with literature or information of webpage contact zipato support. If you for some reason can only add 3 devices on certain protocol, please contact zipato support, that is not normal.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file