This object is in archive! 

HOW TO setup email notifications from Zipatile 2 please ?

SoTof shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

Hello,

I created a (test) email notification for smoke sensor from Rules Creator.

When pressing the smoke sensor test button I do NOT get any email./92064d6de27258fb592b4b06d138a729

I guess this is perhaps an email SRV info need to be set somewhere on Zipatile2 ? :)

Any help/guidance would be appreciated please ?

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Just as a follow-up here in case someone else read this

- Nothing on Zipatile2 for emails srv settings

- As soon as you get a contact with email Filled + check "Events" for device behavior to set it up properly ... this works great

PS: THANKS to "Dino Mandic" who jumped in and provided a great assistance, and very professional !

An Happy Customer

Replies (3)

photo

Any guidance / help / feedback please ?

photo

Hi

you have to add contact which has defined e-mail address. If you have any issue with sending message, please test your rule with a virtual switch - just switch virtual switch to ON in order to trigger rule.

photo

Thanks but this is the case, see below ... still does NOT work

/6f744fd11926492598e1ee14d30ba140

Any help would be appreciated

photo

Hi

please add virtual switch inside the rule and toggle it together with sending a message - to see if rule is triggered at all. If it switches the virtula switch, there is an issue with sending message and then please submit a ticket since it is not a general issue.

photo

HI Dino,

Thanks for the guidance!

Well there is no need to create a virtual switch, since I use a smoke detector and pressing the test button trigger alarm (like a virtual switch will do) .. I currently have two rules in place :

1 - One with push notification to apps

2 - One with email push notifications

When I press the smoke sensor test button, #1 works fine but not #2 (email)

FYI I already have a support ticket opened since 17/11 : #26370-11-17 but no help there, hence this topic opened to get (real) assistance

Is there anything I need to set for email SRV (ie: IMAP/SMTP) on Zipatile2 ?

photo

Just as a follow-up here in case someone else read this

- Nothing on Zipatile2 for emails srv settings

- As soon as you get a contact with email Filled + check "Events" for device behavior to set it up properly ... this works great

PS: THANKS to "Dino Mandic" who jumped in and provided a great assistance, and very professional !

An Happy Customer

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file