This object is in archive! 

Is Zipato Geofencing working on V3??

Alberto Macias shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I notice the new app has now a geofencing option, but I cannot see how to configure it, anyone knows if this if functional and how to configure it?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi

You can create rule with location in the mobile app. Keep in mind to enable geofencing feature inside of settings of Zipato mobile app and of course location option on your mobile phone.

photo

Thanks for the explanation Dino, I managed to add two geofences, one for me arriving, second for leaving. I can see them in the app, I also enabled geofencing notifications and I can see when the geofence triggers. Also I created two rules that use the geofence as trigger and activates a virtual switch on and the second one off. The virtual switch never changes state even though I can see both triggers.

Any advice?

photo

Hi

if you use the same virtual switches in the rule creator (something else triggers rule), they change state?

photo

I have exacvtly the same problem. State of the virtual switch doesn´t change. I made the test with another rule triggering the same virtual switch and that works. So it seems to be a problem of the geofencing.

By the way is there any chance to work on geofencing rule in the web UI?

As I recognized there is right now no possibility to edit the rule created in the mobile app in the web UI

Regards

Bernd

photo

Hi

geofencing must be enabled in the mobile app settings:

1. Open Main menu and select Settings

/63f47afef155459c8107478dd8fd9bc8

2. Open Geofencing option

/beeba60969a4da2de9c9efea2904cce1

3. Enable geofencing option and notifications (option)

/22985c0fe207958af6564e99579f7e82

Regarding editing mobile rules in webUI, unfortunatelly it is not possible due to completely different srtucture of the each rule type.

photo

So I did Dino everything is ready, also the ios settings allow zipato app to use geo data but it didn´t trigger the virtual switch

photo

@Bernd

please submit a ticket to check remotely your particular case.

photo

Dino, I have already opened a ticket concerning MQTT which is to me much more important and urgent than this geofencing issue ;-) I don´t want to overload the support team

photo

@Bernd

MQTT issue is under control of our development team so it should be solveed soon. We will test geofencing rule in the meantime and let you know if it works in our case or not.

Edit: please check if Zipato app has permissions under Mobiel phone settings to use your locatzion "All the time".

photo

Ok then I will open a ticket. Yes Zipato app has permission all the time not only in case of use.

photo

A second test proved that geofencing is working :-) The 200 m range set is not really reliable. I have to be at least more than triple so far away from home to make the system realizing that I left home range. This should be kept in mind when working with the geofence.

Thanks to Zipato support team.

photo

@Bernd

keep in mind that 200m circle set by user has tolerance defined by mobile phone OS and it is usually 200m. So in total you have to consider circle with 400m radius and keep in mind frequency of checking your location defined by mobile phone OS - it can be 300 sec so during 30sec you can pass some distance so for example if first point is 401m from the center and after 30 sec you are at 100m from the center, then gefencing will triggers event.

Of course, location of Zipato app must be set to Always not to "When app in use" because it is required to detect passing over the circle to trigger event.

photo
photo

Useful discussion here. I always wondered why I set it up. It doesn’t work for me and I decided to watch KidLogger Review and then install the necessary application. This is a great replacement for what I had before.

photo

Thanks for the post! I will definitely use your advice when installing the application. I need this even when I installed the tracking app from https://theteensafe.com/facebook-messenger-spy/ then it helped me to correctly install the app. After that, I was able to safely use the application.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file