This object is in archive! 

APP Widgets on V3

Wladi Lag shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello Zipato,

I switched to the new APP on V3 (Android) and recognize that there are no widgets available yet. I guess you are going to implement this again like on the previos APP on V2. My question would be when do you plan to do so?

I´m mainly using these widgets and less the app itself, because I created a more handy widget surface for me on all our android house devices. See smaler example attached, but I also create the whole house layout and implement in each room zipato on/off widgets for lights/plugs etc. (With Nova Launcher you can even overlay widgets and create your own dashboard directly on the homescreen without starting any APPs. With Onfiver App I can even see my Cameras as a widget!)

As you today don´t have these widgets you could consider the following feedback:

- Please create widgets, which can optionally be started directly. On V2 the whole APP open up where you need to push a on/off button again, thats not always efficient for a widget.

- Please also create widgets for rollershuter not only on/off switches/lights. Today I have to use the APP "HTTP Request" to costomize me my own widgets for that.

- Please create widgets for sensors, like window/door sensors, virtuell sensors etc., where I can see directly see the status "active"/"not active" or "open"/"close"

So my questions:

When do you plan to implement widgets? A realistic date would be nice =)

What is your feedback about the above mentioned topics?

Thanks in advance

Replies (10)

photo

Much remains to be done to move to V3...

At least that's how it feels

i'm afraid to switch because i don't know what things i'm running into.

I bought an extra controller to test this first. very strange that this is necessary.

I bought an extra controller to test this first. very strange that this is necessary

photo

Hello Wladi,

I would suggest that you open a ticket regarding this. List all the devices from your Device manager that don't have widgets in the new mobile app and we'll see what can be done.

Regards

photo

Good evening. there is no widget on the new app.

bonsoir . il n y a PLUS de widget sur la nouvelle application.

photo

I opened the ticket as proposed, but it was only a missunderstand between widgets on APP dashboard and widget/shortcuts on homescreen. And exactly there are no widgets/shortcuts for homescreen at all today.

Unfotunatly he couldn´t say when it is going to be implemented. For me these widgets are very important, as I am mainly using them to arm/disarm my house and to control some lights quickly.

I hope it will come within the next updates. Give these post a like to priorities the development of the widgets for the new app, maybe it works =)

photo

You are spot on with your description.

I hope that we will soon get the widgets back and hopefully with the improvements you mentioned reagarding that the switch widget toggles directly from the widget and doesnt just open the switch in the app.

photo
photo

Hello maybe it helps someone. You can link your Zipato with Google Home and then store widgets or shortcuts on your phone. For example, if you only want to open the garage or the door, you no longer have to open the Zipato app. You just click on the icon and the door opens.

photo

good suggestion, even though I´m not fan of having to many controllers running on my phone.

I really hope that the Zipato app will be upgraded with this feature, and especially since it was allready present in the old app.

And I cannot understand why they have left it out since one of the main purposes of an smartphone app is to quick and handy.

photo

could be interest as long there are no Zipato widgets. but I don't see shortcuts for google home, which I can place on my desktop screen?

Can you explain how to do so?

photo
photo

Hi.

Latest version of Zipato's android app seems have homescreen widgets.

They seems to be somekind of authentication problem. When for example calling a scene, I get authentication failed notification .

Janne

photo

Hi. after this Update I needed to Login in zipato app again. So Login again, Sync with server and try again. Actually it's working for me

photo

Hi, thanks for the comment.

Done already what you proposed, also force stopped app and cleared cache. No luck.

And when trying to add new widget I get error message, see attached pic.

Janne

photo

Hi Janne,

did you checked "Remember me" on the login screen? This is needed for widgets to work. Also do not logout from app because you will clear credentials and widgets won't be able to authenticate.

photo

Hi.

Yes, i have remember me option selected.

I had to clear Zipato app's credentials data from phone's password vault and re-enter them manually on app login.

Now widgets seem to work ok.

Regards Janne

photo
photo

Dear Zipato, thanks a lot for the last update and the home screen widgets. I can control some devices from android directly without the need to open the whole app. It's a big upgrade for me and I guess for a lot other Zipato users.

I like that the widget icons can be set up as you want. Really cool feature.

My end-user feedback is:

- devices status on the widgets are missing, without clicking on them (on/off, level, Alarm Status). Would be great if you could see, as on V2 Widgets, if device is e.g. on/off or the alarm status.

- Rollershutters widgets are missing

- Rgb control widgets are missing

- Sensor widgets are missing to show status (open/close or active/non active etc)

- What do you think about camera widget as well?!

Here is very big potential that end-users can create their own dashboards directly on the homescreen. You can even size the widgets as you want and combine them with third parties. I have my whole house plan in the background and use these widgets.

I hope you see this high potential as well and this will come with next update.

You would benefit from it with happy costumers and strong advantages compared to your competitors.

Thanks for reading and maybe some feedback.

photo

Hi Wladi,

we already have in plan most of your suggestions. Most of them will be implemented in a future app releases.

photo
photo

I have the same problem. 3 out of 4 attempts to use the widgets go wrong. I am logged in to the app, the remember state is set, I have already restarted, but nothing helps. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Cool new function, but not yet usable.

photo

Hi.

I'm also having problems again.

I have logged out, closed app, cleared cache, remember me selected, logged in and only getting authentication failed pop up messages.

Janne

photo

Hi

Today I have also these issues

photo
photo

Hi,

we are noticing that on some devices we have issues with widgets authentication. We are working on the fix and it will be released this week.

Thank you all for your patience.

photo

Hi.

Updated to latest version and so far widgets have worked with no problems.

Thanks!

Janne

Leave a Comment

Attach a file