Zipabox vs Animus.

Manuel shared this question 2 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

As Zipato is "Excluding" the base users ( owners of Zipabox 1 ), those who helped to get the Box where it is now, I am watching out for replacement of my Zipabox 1.

Before I get to buy a Zipbox 2 or other from Zipato, I was looking to other Boxes out on market, I found that Animus Box, has anyone tested that Box?

I am looking for a Box that can handle ZWave, IP Cameras, 433mhz and have programming possibility as the Rules that Zipato have. I don't care of which programming language it is as I can handle what ever, but I need the possibility to do it ( I have actualy 68 rules and some connected to IFTTT ).

Thanks for any help and answer.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi all,

Now I have moved to another System, I found one that was over my dreams, it tooks me 3 days to move all the sensors, and rules to the new one but it was worth it, I am very satisfied with what I have now, so I wanted to thanks Zipato and all the people who helped me with my Zipato, that was a great time, thanks all!

photo

Hi Patrick, I am a bit against writing here the name of another box, but it seems that you are from Holland, and I can say that it comes from Holland too...

With that new one I can, for example, take a picture of someone at the door, start the tv, send the picture to the tv, stop sending and shutdown the tv, or I can send my robot grass mower out to cut the grass, detect the rain and send it back. I can, though voice command in my mobile command what I want home, start tv, change channel, start water in the garden, shutdown lights etc.. so all I was dreaming with Zipato went true...

All my old sensor have been moved without having to dump any, all were compatible. The easy Flow programming was enough to get everything working but if needed I still can use scripts to get more precision and solution...

photo

Hi Manuel, could you please give some more information about you new system.

photo
photo

Presence detector and illuminance meter in one device. Zipato PIR motion sensor offers elaborate security and ambient sensing options.

photo

Alternative is a Mini PC (around 250€) where you can install Home Assistant (open source, free), where you can add aeotec zwave usb controller (like 50-60€). You can add zigbee controller (conbee or sonoff, better, 30€), you can add a 433 controller that works with home assistant too (less than 30€, I don't use that).

You can add everything you want, or near that. You control your system without have to rely on cloud.

Obviously, the "negative" (but also positive) side is that you are responsible of your system on every side. So it's mandatory to have a little bit of experience (or is mandatory to want to learn)

On the same system you can add an open source NVR system like Shinobi.video or toher solutions like frigate, that also works with home assistant; adding an external TPU usb (like google coral) you can also do object detection to your nvr system (too much to do that only on cpu).

I also added PiHole to the system to apply DNS filters to my home network.

The limit is your imagination, your time, your needs.

(I'm running all of that, except zwave at least for now - but I already have the zstick-, but not for long, on a minipc with intel N5095 cpu 8gb ram).

photo

That’s exactly what I have done…

-> raspberry Pi 4… and home assistant..

What a change…. Now, I’m fully independent if I don’t want to use the cloud…

All my automation has been adapted without an issue in the new system.. and I even add more that was not possible here…

My zipatile is only doing a display of my new integration, as I was too lazy to remove it from my wall…

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file