Higher consumption = notification, back to normal consumption = notification

Institutionalized shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

I'll try to describe what I'm after.

A device usually uses say 3 to 5 watts. I'd like to trigger a rule when the usage hits 100 watts. And get notified. So far I have figured it out. What I'd also like is to get notified when the usage is back to 3 to 5 watts.

What would such a rule look like?

Replies (3)

photo

Try to have a look at the attached image.

Files: rule.png
photo

I started making something like this. But now you saved me a lot of time. I'll replicate your rule shortly.

Thanks a lot Carlo!

photo

Out of curiousity, since I have a problem getting my rules to fire when CURRENT_CONSUMPTION increases, could you post a screenshot of your working initial rule, Institutionalized?

photo

Hi Marius, could you please clarify what kind screenshot would you like to see?

photo

Hi Carlo, thanks for your screenshot in the other thread, similar to this problem.

I was curious to see if Institutionalized's rule could do without the

WHEN current_consumption != 1

clause (like the rule you suggested). In my mind it should work with just

WHEN current_consumption > 100

or whatever value.

photo

I never tried to use just "WHEN current_consumption > 10".

I found using "WHEN current_consumption != 0" more useful because it allow me to have a single rule that handle variation above or below a specific threshold (in my example 10w).

In the hipotesis that works using "WHEN current_consumption > 100" your rule will be triggered for every change above that value but you don't have a way to receive a notification when curren_consumption will fall under that value without using a second rule with "WHEN current_consumption < 100".

photo

Hello Marius,

I don't have my old rule any longer. I discarded it as I added what Carlo sent over. Sorry.

My rule was fired when the wattage was over 100 and a variable was set to 0. The rule then sent me a push message. And then set the variable to 1.

Another rule then reset the variable to 0 once every hour. For me not to get spammed by the first rule.

Maybe not the most elegant way.

Cheers,

Anders

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file