This object is in archive! 

Aeon Labs - Multisensor 6 - New parameters

Magnus Wingqvist shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hello,

There has been some updates with the Aeon Labs new multisensor - Multisensor 6. I have appended the document recieved from the tech support yesterday. There are some parameter values that is incorrect when adding the multisensor to the Zipabox.

Motion sensitivity is changed from 0-127 to 0-5 instead, and this is option 4 in documentation, this shows as option 6 in the Zipabox web gui.

I think there are more parameters that is changed. Can I change this manually or do you have to change the firmware in order to get this to work properly?

Regards

Magnus Wingqvist

Replies (25)

photo

This is the comment from Aeon Labs tech support if you wan't to follow up:

Hi Magnus Wingqvist,

Ticket: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/880

Unfortunately not, assuming that Zipabox is using the older engineering sheet many of the parameter settings or configurations. That sensitivity doesn't exist anymore and should be a part of the "Motion Sensor" area instead of just being enable and disable, the variable should go between 0-5 (0 for disable and 5 for max sensitivity).

Assuming Zipabox is using the older manual, the temperature calibration or other calibrations are sending in the wrong number of bytes or the size so the value will never stay.

Is it possible to modify the size and what parameter settings exist in zipabox?

Firmware V1.6 is the latest firmware version currently.Cheers,Chris ChengField Application EngineerAeon Labsccheng@aeon-labs.com

photo

This very strange. The support of this have bin asked by meany to Zipato if this is supported. And I think that everyone assumes that if Zipato don't answer it works. But maybe we should see it the other way around?

Hope they answer and fix this rely fast. As I have said before there are some of the biggest brands that should be supported. Every product. Fibaro and Aeotec is 2 of them. And Zipato should keep a eye open if they produce any new products.

To Zipatos defense they where really fast with supporting Fibaro dimmer 2.

photo

What's the status for the multisensor 6 update?

photo

I am in the process of adding my system with a multisensor 6, is there any news on the Zipato support of that device?

photo

There is problems at the moment. The Zipabox isn't updated with the latest parameter settings. This is a known problem since a while. I'm thinking of trying Fibaro instead. I'm pretty tired of having no attention from Zipato. :(

This causes problem if you want to tune parameters that differs from default. Very anoying!

photo

Post some ticket on the support, you will be an personalise attention

photo

I have Fibaro motion sensors that work pretty good with Zipato, also one Aeotec Multisensor. They both have pro's and con's

photo
photo

Hallo!

I seems that I have the same problem with the sensor.

Are there any news from zipato support? Did they answer your ticket?

regards,

bernhard

photo

Very strange that when I ask support if it is supported they say yes.

Is it working or not?

photo

It's supported, (I have one of this) but I use the béta 0.9.999.9e actualy and fey days ago before support do something mothions was not detected. But now seems working :) (except the Ultraviolet who not work)

photo
photo

(except the Ultraviolet who not work)

but then it is not fully supported that is the only thing that is ok

photo

Hallo!

I got the sensor a few days ago.

Only humidity and temperature are working.

Motion always reports no movement. Maybe because of the wrong parameters.

I will test the sensor with a local gateway installation on my notebook to check if the sensor is defect.

regards,

bernhard

photo

When you added the sensor did you do that with in one meter?

photo

Hallo!

I am not sure what you mean.I just added the device in the device manager and device with 6 Sensors has been added.

But when I ckecked events only humidity and temperature are working.

regards,

bernhard

photo
photo

Evert z-wave device must be added with in 1 meter distance from the controller because of security reasons. Why because when adding a divice it lowers the power of the signal so that no one els can be outside your house and manipulate your system.

If the sensor is not added the right way it can be priblems with it.

Zipato should have a text about it when you add a divice!

photo

How would you do that with for example a shutter module?

photo

Give it power, and conecte it to the netrwork close to the box then mount it on the shutter. The questien is is this the right way?

photo
photo

Hello Jacob,

I do have the same problems. The UV sensor is not working (value 0) and the temperature is 2,5 degrees to high.

Did you solve the problems by reconnecting with the zipabox?

If yes, what are the steps I have to do?

Best regards

Michel

photo

Hello, same here, Temperature not accurate and UV not working.

photo

Ultraviolet don't work for me either. But, regarding calibration, there seems to be fields for this in the configuration of the device in the control center, haven't tested it though.

photo

hallo

same there. temperature and humidity are not correct. I tried to fields in configuration but no effect. It is also not possible to enter negative values. After saving when checking the values always 65506 is in the field.

has someone already opened a support ticket?

photo

I thinks for temperature and humidity this a problem with the sensor and not the zipabox.

photo

I still have problems with lux????? What should be a normal in door value? Hallway during 24 hours. I get between 0 and 75??? I believe that you can't get 0 lux?

Right?

photo

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/light-level-rooms-d_708.html

Indoor Light LevelsThe outdoor light level is approximately 10000 lux on a clear day. In a building in the area closest to the windows the light level may be reduced to approximately 1000 lux. In the middle area it may be as low as 25 - 50 lux. Additional lighting is often necessary to compensate low levels.

Earlier it was common with light levels in the range 100 - 300 lux for normal activities. Today the light level is more common in the range 500 - 1000 lux - depending on activity. For precision and detailed works the light level may even approach 1500 - 2000 lux.

Recommended light levels for different work spaces:

ActivityIllumination

(lux, lumen/m2)Public areas with dark surroundings20 - 50Simple orientation for short visits50 - 100Working areas where visual tasks are only occasionally performed100 - 150Warehouses, Homes, Theaters, Archives150Easy Office Work, Classes250Normal Office Work, PC Work, Study Library, Groceries, Show Rooms, Laboratories500Supermarkets, Mechanical Workshops, Office Landscapes750Normal Drawing Work, Detailed Mechanical Workshops, Operation Theaters1,000Detailed Drawing Work, Very Detailed Mechanical Works1500 - 2000Performance of visual tasks of low contrast and very small size for prolonged periods of time2000 - 5000Performance of very prolonged and exacting visual tasks 5000 - 10000Performance of very special visual tasks of extremely low contrast and small size10000 - 20000

188268fc467a8745ed60632d43fdf9e1

photo

Not sure if that luminance sensor works correct, seems most of the time the light level in my kitchen is around 15 - 20 Lux.

UV shows nothing.

temp and motion seem to work OK.

92f1fbd3ab2a411fdb17e9d9265a83b0

photo

Me too, UV shows nothing.

photo

Did you enable the UV sensor? With me it was disabled by default so had to turn it on.

photo

Where did you enable it?

Thanks

photo
photo

This is supposed to be where you enable the UV reports to be sent to the controller, but no matter what you do, it always go back to the showed settings, you can remove reports but I have never been able to set all 5 to ON and stayed ON.

photo

Looks like there is an issue with the values that zipato is sending for UV reports, according to Aeon Labs values need to be set as follows;

BATTERY-1

ULTRAVIOLET-2

TEMPERATURE-32

HUMIDITY-64

LIGHT-128

Zipato is sending the following values, how I know? I used the G2 and send/retreive individual settings, and in UV I found the difference.

BATTERY-1

ULTRAVIOLET-16

TEMPERATURE-32

HUMIDITY-64

LIGHT-128

The fact that those are predefined values, you cannot change it, and you cannot add a custom parameter to set it because it is duplicated. I will open a ticket on zipato support.

photo

On mine everything seems to work but UV reporting, perhaps is something related to what Ivan stated. Im using v 1.0.5

photo

Any feedback from Zipato on the UV reporting stuff? Did you get any feedback to your ticket?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file