This object is in archive! 

Yale Locks

John Griffiths shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Is support for Yale locks or any other type of door lock likely to be added?

Its the only thing preventing my going for a Zipabox

Replies (9)

photo

I have two Yale locks succesfully working with the zipabox, you need to buy them with the Z-wave communication module. They report status correctly, I can lock and unlock them and add up to 10 users. I wonder if Zipato is going to support the 255 users Yale claims to be able to handle with the Z-wave module, also to be able to add temporary (scheduled) access, or "one use" pins. I'm still figuring out how to use the events in the rules though...

photo

Could you please help me about adding Yale locks to Zipato system? What i must do step by step? ...

photo

Adding the lock in Zipato is fairly simple.

1. You start in the Zipato website and go to the device manager
  2. Select Add new device and select ZWave
  3. Enter the Master PIN code followed by the # key on the Yale Lock
  4. Press 7# on the Yale Lock
  5. Press 1# on the Yale Lock
  6. Your Zipato Website will restart the device and tell you to go back and put the device in inclusion mode again
  7. Repeat steps 3-5 and Zipato will add the lock to your system.

I had absolutely no problems adding the lock; however, I only have VERY basic functionality. There are many events the lock sends that I want to include in a rule, but Zipato has not added that functionality yet.

Here are a couple of events that are triggered that I would like to see Zipato add the ability to recognize:

• Someone unlocks/locks the door from the inside (not using a code)
  • When someone turns the knob to open the door (I have a door knob model and not a deadbolt)

I haven't explored all the capability of this lock yet since I am frustrated that there is very limited support in Zipato.

photo

My lock make a exclusion and inclusion and open screen to rename the lock. I write front door and when i press save i got a message “Failed to rename device” and i can’t do anything after that. Please help

My lock is Yale YDM 3168

photo
photo

Alberto, so I can set them up to run from my phone app?

As Ive not got a zipbox yet I am unable to test anything.

photo

As Ive not got a zipbox yet I am unable to test anything.

Scheduled and one off pins would be great in the future, but as long as they work with all the family phones I will be happy

photo

As I've not got a zipabox yet I am unable to test anything.

Scheduled and one off pins would be great in the future, but as long as they work with all the family phones I will be happy

photo

also appears I'm struggling with forum posts

photo

John,

With the official app you cannot configure the Locks, you need the web interface and the zipabox of course. Don't know if the new app (which is in beta stage) will allow to change the configuration of the devices once their added to the controller's network. You can operate them after added to the controller's network, see status and events, also change a few configurations. See attached. My wife has an Iphone and I use an android, they work on both phones.

photo

Another thought, if you haven't bought a zipabox already maybe is worth to take a look at the Zipatile if you are not interested on interfacing to other Home Automation standards like Zigbee, KNX, etc...

photo

I'm after the lightwaveRF connections (433Hz) and some of the security features.

I think I'll jump in and buy both of them.

photo

Let me know how the Zipatile works... just to let you know, you might have to buy the cluster option in order to make them work as a redundant controllers.

photo
photo

Could you please help me about adding Yale locks to Zipato system? What i must do step by step?

photo

Hello Orkhan,

First of all you have to make sure that your locks have the Z-wave module installed and that indeed are compatible with it. I have three yale locks (different model) and only two of them support the z-wave module. Basically only Yale Real Living lock supports Z-wave or Zigbee communication.

Then you need to do the following, menus on yale locks change based on the model so please refer to your manual.

1. You will have to bring your Zipato Controller close (1 or 2 m) to the lock if it is already installed.

2. You need to add the comm module on the lock to it, look on your manual how to add network module to it. Once you have it registered then

3. Log into Zipato web interface and go to add device and select the desired protocol, don't know if you are using z-wave or zigbee module, when Zipato says it is "excluding device" put your lock on inclusion mode, again look at your manual and see which menu you have to go so you can add the lock to a network.

4. After exclusion/inclusion/sync you should be able to refresh the browser and see the new device.

Hope this helps.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file