This object is in archive! 

Zipabox and Paradox

PHILIPPE shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi , I spend hours to connect Paradox PRT3 to serial module , but nothing , nothing....

I put pin2 to the RX, pin3 to the TX and pin5 to the COM . ( I have try to reverse RX and TX but it the same).

Serial port is ON on the PRT3, domotique is ON , ASCII is ON , speed to 57600 (I have try 2400 doesn't work too)

I don't know how to do , there is nothing in the forum to help me . What are the good connections and what are the good MTR3 setup ? Thanks , Regards . Phil

Replies (28)

photo

If you send me your zipabox SN at zcerovski@3plus.hr, I might connect remotely to your box and see if there is something I can do here. If not, you will have to contact support@zipato.com for assistance.

photo

hi phillipe

please review this link for the integration

https://community.zipato.com/topic/connecting-zipabox-to-existing-security-system

photo

Thank you very much Riles . I have seen this link but it is not clear ,

is that the good parameters and connections ?? Zeljko has connected to

my zypabox and he says that it is a firmware problem and he has to fix

it . But he say's that I have also a problem with my connexion because

serial is not connected to the box . (when he try this the PRT3 was

connected serial pin 2 to Rx and serial pin 3 to Tx and serial pin 5 to

COM. I don't know if it is the good connexion and the good baudrate

(57600). Yesterday I reverse the connexion like a null modem , 2 to Tx

and 3 to Rx but it doesn't work too. Best regards

photo

Actually, I haven't been able to find a firmware problem so far. And the PRT3 is suspicious to me. Maybe you can test the PRT3 (its function and configuration) by connecting it to your PC and using some program like hyperterminal. I am not sure if it will help, but it may be worth trying.

photo

My PRT3 was just working fine on vera before (usb port) , I have try it again and it's working . I have no PC with DB9 serial port , I can just test USB but as it's working on vera I think that the PRT3 is ok and I don't want to waist time. I 'd like to know if I have to connect the serial pin 2 to Rx and the serial pin 3 to Tx and the serial pin 5 to COM. and what is the good baudrate (57600 ?) before continue to investigate. Is it a way to know if serial module work fine ?

photo

Rx is pin 1 (connect it to Tx of PRT3) and Tx is pin 2 (connect it to Rx of PRT3) on RS232 serial module

photo

And, yes, pin 5 is COM of serial module

photo

Hi Zeljko, so it 's the good connexion , but no way , nothing working . What about baud rate (57600 for vera but for zipabox ??, I have try all baudrates and it was the same ...but what is the right setup ) The zipa serial box is new , but is it a way to chek it ? regards

photo

I think I found a bug in our firmware. Can you connect to PRT3 via USB? In that case I can put a firmware to your box that I believe will work.

photo

Sorry , I'm not at home and I m not sure that I keep it on line yesterday , I will be at home at 19h00

photo

We'll do it on Monday. Maybe I think of a real solution for this until then. I have only a "workaround" for now

photo

Hi Zeljko , just to say that I have verify the DB9 on the PRT3 ( the PRT3 usb port was working on vera but I haven't test the PRT3 DB9 serial port because I haven't a PC with serial port before , I found one so I test it ) All is OK with HyperTerminal (send and receive) . So I let you try on monday your new firmware because the error come from zipabox. Regards

photo

Yes, I agree. The zipabox searches for Paradox on all ports, but it never receives an answer on the sent command. If you connect PRT3 via USB, as you did with Vera, I will make a firmware with hardcoded USB port as default communication port for Paradox. This should work until I find the way to repair the port searching script.

photo

Hi Zeljko, my zipabox is connected to my paradox by serial DB9 and it's on line . Best regards

photo

Send me your box SN at zcerovski@3plus.hr

photo

So, can someone please summarize what we have to do in order to have a paradox alarm system working with prt3 module?

kind regards!

photo

First you have to connect your Paradox system to the Zipabox's serial or backup module over PRT3. I encourage you to use USB port connection.

Restart the box.

The Paradox network should be visible in the UI. If not, contact support.

Start discovery selecting "Paradox" in the "add new device wizard" in the UI.

Now you should have all created Partitions and Zones visible in the device browser.

Set your Paradox pin in the configuration field in configuration menu in device manager settings.

Save and synchronize.

You are ready to go.

photo

So you are saying that we have to use the USB port of the backup module and the one on the PR3 module in order to conenct them together and NOT the serial port?

Any other changes in the settings of the PRT3?

photo

You can use serial port if it suites you better and you should check if the baud rate is set to 9600

photo

well, the backup module/serial module will not be near the alarm panel so it will be difficult to run a lon USB cable. Although, it will be easier to use a USB cable.... So Rx is pin 1 (connect it to Tx of PRT3) and Tx is pin 2 (connect it to Rx of PRT3) on RS232 serial module and pin 5 GND to like pin 3 on the backup module and it should work? No changes in the prt3 settings? It should be that easy - plug and play :)

P.S. How i can write you a PM in order to ask you for a specific info about integrating DAIKIN modbus using Serial module?

photo

Which PRT3 settings do you have in mind?

photo
photo

We support Modbus TCP IP. If you find a good Modbus RTU-to-TCP converter, it might be easier and quicker for me to support your Modbus device.

If you want serial Modbus, contact support to check if there are plans to support that.

photo

Any suggestions for Modbus RTU-to-TCP converter?

You need a MODBUS TCP, right?

photo

I know that this one works fine

http://novatek-electro.com/docs/en/doc_et-485_en.pdf

Don't know about the others

photo

Wow, the price is..... it is more then 2000 euro... not sure the price of the hole system but this device is super expensive :D I will talk tomorrow with the guys that will install the daikin system and what they have as a device - MODBUS TCP device ;)

photo

I didn't say it is the only one that works. It is just the only one I have tested.

photo

Thank you for the fast replies and the cooperation! i will find out more tomorrow morning and write here what the options are.

Kind regards!

photo

Philippe, did you finally get to connect properly your paradox with your box? Thanks

photo

Philippe, no answer means you had no success? If succed, could you share your final config for the PRT3?

photo
photo

Hello,

if a dev is kind to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

I purchased a PRT3 and a ZipaBox2 only to connect it to me Paradox system.

I connected the PRT3 to the USB port of the ZipaBox2 but i cannot get past "Starting device inclusion process".

I can confirm that the PRT3 is working fine, I tested it with Putty and I get the system events correctly, also I sent Request Area Stastus, Request Zone Status and Request Zone Label and I got the answers correctly from the PRT3.

I tried all the baud rates, none works, but I guess 9600 is important only for serial communication, not the USB too.

My guess is a firmware related bug like Zelijko said.

Is the USB port not working? Should I buy a serial module? Or other module? Or can you be so kind and send in my box a firmware with the USB port as the first source for Paradox? I only need the ZipaBox2 for this.

Thank you.

Best regards,Vlad

Leave a Comment

Attach a file