This object is in archive! 

when zipabox is offline, how to control the modules?

sebastien crouzet shared this question 11 years ago
Answered

my zipabox has the green light flashing and is offline! it happen a few time every weeks .

Unfortunately when my zipabox is offline i can not switch on or off my modules (dashboard or apps). How to control the zipabox with acuracy when offline?

Thank you for prompt answer

Best Answer
photo

We had a problem with upgrade today. It should work now. If this issue would persist, please let us know....

Replies (18)

photo

Hello,

This is an important point to consider. We need to continue using our components even if your servers are off.

In addition, this is a point that many potential buyers want, manage the box in LAN.

Thank you for your consideration

photo

Yes and also to be able to use it were Internet connection is bad or doesn't exist at all!

Ex: Summer houses in the wood or on boats many people like home automation and have WIFI but no Internet connection.

photo

We had a problem with upgrade today. It should work now. If this issue would persist, please let us know....

photo

Of course, this is an important issue. Very soon (within a month) we will release a new mobile APPs for both iOS and Android, allowing direct connection to the Zipabox. Meanwhile, please consider that tablet is not the only way of controlling the lights and power, you always use regular switches with micro modules on the back... This works offline already.

photo

In the App I downloaded on login there is buttons for LOCAL and REMOTE.

is that it? Or what is that then?

photo

Mr Z wrote:

In the App I downloaded on login there is buttons for LOCAL and REMOTE.

is that it? Or what is that then?

Yes, this is it, but still not in function...

photo

okey, something to looking forward to ;-)

(in my summer house WIFI is good, but Internet connection is wery sporadic)after that I am waiting for an other App, an iPad App för "Rule Creator" working directly against ZipaBox, that would be very nice ;-)

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Of course, this is an important issue. Very soon (within a month) we will release a new mobile APPs for both iOS and Android, allowing direct connection to the Zipabox. Meanwhile, please consider that tablet is not the only way of controlling the lights and power, you always use regular switches with micro modules on the back... This works offline already.
Will this app be compatible with older iOS ? I ve an old iPad 1, and i would like to use it exclusively to monitor and control my zwave network.

photo

Julien Wehrung wrote:

Will this app be compatible with older iOS ? I ve an old iPad 1, and i would like to use it exclusively to monitor and control my zwave network.
Application's current deployment target is iOS 6.0 which means that app works only on iOS 6.0 or above. iPad 1 is the device for which Apple no longer provides support, and it is not capable of running iOS 6.0 or above.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Are there any plans on developing a downloadable program that can control the Zipabox without internet/mobile connection? For me that would be the final decider on choosing Zipabox. I'm not to fond of systems that is locked to web servers for controlling and setting up, like my Harmony multi remote.

photo

Yes, and in some cases proper working without internet connection is very important. Ie. if you control heaters, when outside temp is below freezing, with Zipabox and temp sensors in many different areas, there is no very simple additional backup option to save water pipes and other that kind of stuff from freezing. Offcourse the stability of firmware is also issue then. This kind of remote control is often in use cases, when user is not there for rebooting devices.

photo

is it avelable to controll my zipabox now localy ???

photo

yes is it already possible to control the zipato "off-line"

photo

How this can be done?

photo

Only possible with the app on IOS/android where you log out and at the bottom you click on the arrow. They you have option to connect locally. In the new IOS app it will be automatic switching (for Android it Will be the same).

photo

unfortunately on my iPhone 5s, I dont have such option (see attached screenshot). On the Android tablet I do and I was able to sucssesfully connect locally.

photo

True, just checked and it is removed. It will be part of the new version (actually that will be auto switching between modes).

photo

I have the android version 4.1.3 an I only have the remote (german Fenrnzugriff) see attached screenshot. I cant switch too the local

Leave a Comment

Attach a file