This object is in archive! 

Login to iOS or Android app by PassCode or pattern code

mohsen.tnz shared this idea 7 years ago
Declined

hello everyone,

i think one problem for login to app is entering email and password every time , perhaps it would be better that after installing app at first login every user can change login way to 4 digit Pass Code or Drawing a pattern.

Replies (6)

photo

New iOS app will never ask you for password unless you are a brand new user or you changed the password, so I don't think something like this is necessary.

photo

thank you,

dear Filip i'm from Iran and i can't use new IOS app . i have tested it on iphone 4,5,6

what should i do?

photo

Iran is embargoed by US so we can't offer our iOS app there since there is no Apple App Store. You will have to register a foreign App Store account and possibly use a proxy or VPN to access it.

photo
photo

Sounds good.

Another thing not direct related to this is user logged in and usage of PIN for arm/disarm the alarm.

Today it´s the PIN connected to the user logged in that can arm/disarm the alarm. This is a problem when using a wall mounted tablet for all family members... you have to change user every time or all users must know one common PIN.

On other alarm systems you only have to use a PIN. Could it be possible to develop a function so you can have one user logged in all the time but every user added can use his/hers PIN?

photo

i think for wall tablets that all family members use ,we can make a common account and give it some alarm rights.

photo

Yes that's the way I have done it now. But I prefere that each user can use his/hers PIN without login/logotyp. I think that way is more secure and I can see who's arming/disarming.

photo
photo

What if two users have the same pin, how would you know which one armed/disarmed the alarm? :)

Another thing new app will have is an option to use Touch ID instead of pins so you could enroll a finger for each person you want to have access without giving them your pin. Alarm will still be armed/disarmed by logged in account though because iOS doesn't tell us which finger it recognized for security/privacy reasons.

photo

Dad dad@dad.com dads fingerprint, or dads code, maybe administrator

Wife wife@wife.com wife fingerprint, or wifs code

Kid1 kid1@kid.com kid1 fingerprint, or kid1 code

Kid2 kid2@kid.com kid2 fingerprint, or kid2 code

Guest guest@guest.com guest code

Every one have there one controls witch you as a admin could set?

Just an ide.

photo

Not sure I understand what you mean.

photo

Everyone have there on fingerprint and code.

What if two users have the same pin, how would you know which one armed/disarmed the alarm? :)

Then you would not know. the same as two different person get home to the home alarm.

But:

If person A unlock his phone with his finger print he will probably login on his Zipabox on his account and if he bound that fingerprint to his account zipabox will know he disarmed the alarm? Or am I thinking wrong.

And the same for everyone els. Except for the guest account?

I think I miss understood you. It was like this you explain it will work.

As long as you can administrate witch person will hav access to what things, what scenes and so on.

On many of the new home locks: Yale Doorman you can give a code that is valid for a certain period of time. Or unlock remotely.

I think access threw fingerprint is only for the people living in the house. And they al could have different accounts, right?

photo

Unfortunately we aren't able to associate specific finger with specific account or code because Touch ID doesn't tell us which finger was used, only if it recognized it or not.

photo
photo

That is true. But everyone have there own phone, own account on apple divice, and the Zipabox could have diferent accounts. It should/could work as the banking app/s? "Swish" have touchID..... maybe you could use bank-id maybe? that is safe and uniq?

photo

I think this is a great idea. I'm currently using a combination of passcode and pattern code to secure my phone and i don't have any issues with it. Try this https://masterbundles.com/best-thanksgiving-textures-and-patterns/ site to download thanksgiving templates for free. The only downside I see is that if you forget your pattern code, you can't reset it until the next time you sync your phone with iTunes or iCloud.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file