This object is in archive! 

Copy Controller settings

Per Bergman shared this idea 8 years ago
Planned

I need to switch controllers (Zipabox Duo) since the 433MHz module doesn´t work as it should (only 5m working range). But I would like to copy all my configurations from the old one to the new one, so I don´t have to reconfigure all devices. How can this be done?

Per Bergman, Sweden

Replies (5)

photo

I have the same issue,

did you find anything that could help?

photo

not yet, apparently it will be implemented this year. I think this is the most important feature now to implement.

photo
photo

Dear All,

Our team is working on a project in which will be offered an option to storage controller data on the cloud.

Please be patient, we will inform you when the project is complete.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo

Xxx

photo

This sounds like a paid service. I hope not, not for backing up your system in case your supplied controller dies.

photo
photo

now apparently as the Zipabox is Z-wave plus, and it is a SIS controller, according to z-wave protocol you should be able to add another controller to it. This other controller would be a secondary SIS controller. This would store all the routing for the main controller also, thus enabling you to swap the main controller with another. Is this not correct? I realise, or at least hope, that the cloud backup version would include all protocols and devices included on your controller, but even implementing this would allow you to backup you z-wave network to a, for example, Aeotec mini mote.

photo

+1.

photo
photo

Actually by allowing this secondary SIS controller, it would alleviated the demands for someone to be totally reliant on the cloud and internet access for "clustering" I release clustering offers other benefits, but, for example, if you have a Zipatile, but want to use the zipabox for Somfy RTS, you could have the Zipabox as the main controller and the Zipatile as the secondary, all working locally and providing a backup of your z-wave network.

photo

Any reason why this cant be done already? Fibaro, Homeseer, Vera can all do this. It would be a great tool while we wait for clustering to become fully functional and available.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file