This object is in archive! 

Use the same color on the switch among iphone app, android app and web

Guest shared this idea 11 years ago
In Progress

At this time the color of the switch are not the same on the app and on the web.

* On the app: OFF: BLUE ; ON: RED

* On the web: OFF : RED ; ON: GREEN

I would suggest to avoir using RED because RED means an error, a problem (at least for me). And at that time RED is used for ON on app and OFF for web, I would prefer to have the same colors on every interfaces.

I would suggest: OFF: BLUE ; ON: GREEN

What others zipabox users like?

I would understand that it could be OFF: RED ; ON: GREEN because it seems to be something common on internet even if I think that it is not because a switch is off that we need to take care about it!

Replies (8)

photo

I've seen also the ONLINE status is BLUE (in general widget). May be it would be nice to use the same color for the ON Switch? So probably GREEN for the online status !

photo

I have thinking exactly the same, But I can't complain about everything ;-)

So glad you did!

A consistent use of colors is a important in a good user interface.

And as it is now that red sometimes indicating ON and sometimes indicating OFF is not good design.

and I also thinking exactly the same as you to use red to indicating something important, like alarms and and errors.

And in good UI design, it shall not just be a color change between indicating two different things, it shall also be an visual change for the 10% color blinds.

But to look over the UI of ZipaBox on web and apps and use color in a consistent way is something that makes the product better and more professionell looking and most important easier to use.

photo

Now the ON/OFF icon (on the left side) are RED when ON, have a look to the screenshot.

Again I think RED is not justified and means ALERT!

I would suggest to use GREEN

photo

Like this idea !!

photo

Nice remark.

+1

photo

Colors on the web are changed as suggested.

Same colors will be used in new versions of mobile apps.

Thank you Fred for your constructive ideas.

photo

Great! Looking much better now!

photo

Thank you ;)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file