This object is in archive! 

zipatile siren

wade marlo shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

how loud (decibel)is the siren on the Zipatile?

Replies (10)

photo

Not loud, you can hear in a 100sm house, but if you want your neighbours to be aware as well, you definitely need outside siren.

photo

I agree with Attila, this is good enough to wake you up from the deepest sleep and be loud enough to hurt your ears if you are near to it (same or next room), but if your house is closed and have some insulation on it, it's hard for the neighbours to know that it's an emergency ( I made the test). I'm actually looking for a good option for outdoor siren with strobe.

I only got this feedback from DerHelle;

https://community.zipato.com/topic/zwave-good-outdoor-siren

photo

By the way my house is 145 sm split on two levels and I can hear it loud everywhere in the house. If windows are open I can hear it from the outside but not loud enough, definitelly not something that will make the neighbours to open the blinds and take a look.

photo

mine is a barely audible this is normal?

photo

Well, it is difficult to assess what is barely audible. There is a huge difference between emergency sound and beep beep.

I have not found any setting on the sound level in the configuration so it is not really possible to change.

Can you test if the emergency is also barely audible?

photo

all the ring same the emergency are very little audible I do not hear every ringtones!!

photo

I guess you should raise a ticket with zipato at support.zipato.com

photo

yes I opened a ticket and for the moment they asked me my serial number

photo

That is ok. Standard procedure.

photo

thank you very much for your help

Leave a Comment

Attach a file