This object is in archive! 

Geolocation with LOCATIVE ???

Interested shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Does anybody use locative for Geolocation ( https://my.locative.io/ )

I wold like to see the script witch turn ON/OFF virtual switch.

Please.

TNX in advance.

P.S.: IFTTT reliability is very poor.

Replies (5)

photo

Are you using iOS?

I'm using this solution:

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/geo-locatie-tracking-automateitapp

(android)

photo

IOS

photo
photo

I am really happy with the use of Life360 combined with IFTTT/Maker notifying virtual sensors/switches in Zipabox. It's very accurate and I have yet to experience failures.

photo

Hi Robert,

can you give me a little bit more information how you have set up Life360, IFTTT/Maker and the connection to the Zipabox to get the switches moving....

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Torbjorn

photo

Torbjorn,

Life360 is a person-locator-app, designed to track people's whereabouts and to retrieve your phone when lost/forgotten. You can create "Places" which are actually geofences. One such place is "Home". You can add others to your Group (family members).

Life360 is a channel in IFTTT, with triggers like Left Home, Arrived Home, Last person leaving Home, First person arriving Home, etc. You can have Maker call the URL of your virtual device when any of these triggers happen.

The very elegant thing I like about Life360 is that 1) it is accurate and 2) it runs smoothly in the backgrund without being a battery hog. They've used some pretty elegant tricks to make this happen.

photo

Thank you Robert for your fast reply.

I will test tomorrow.......

Have a nice saturday evening !

Br

Torbjorn

photo
photo

I did use IFTTT with IOS Location, but I was disappointed.

U can save only two locations to Live360 , unless you take the premium version ???

I have setup up now Life360 with IFTTT - have to test it ...

photo

Hi,

Life360 in the free version can trigger reports for two location (geofences). I guess one only need to connect one location (at home) to IFTTT->Maker->Zipato. Unless, of course, someone wants to complicate matters and e.g. have a geofence around the spouse's workplace, changing the RGB-lamp in window to Green when the spouse is at work, signaling to the lover that the coast is clear, and trigger an audible alarm when the spouse leaves the workplace.. That too would be covered by the free version of Life360. Adding a third geofence which triggers when the drives around the corner a few blocks away, would require a paid subscription :-)

photo

I need to find alternative solution as Tasker for ne is not reliable enough. I experience too many time wifi disconnection (I guess its either my phone or my wifi router) and I had to turn off my automatic arming.

I will need to give this a go - Robert has usually good ideas.

photo

Use my solution if your are using Android.

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/geo-locatie-tracking-automateitapp

Lot's of triggers (Near WIFI, Near Bluetooth, GMS location, etc)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file