This object is in archive! 

Zipatile SIP Server

Christoph Krieger shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

I can not find the SIP Server "enable" Settings as described in the help APP of the Zipatile.

Replies (25)

photo

Zipatile is still not fully functional. We have few more issues which we are still working on. Once we are done, we will just release a software upgrade remotely.

photo

What is the status on the SIP server? I am trying to connect a Doorbird...

photo

Hi Jochen. Can you let me know if the Doorbird can be used with Zipatile? I dont mean native SIP integration as it is still under work, however simply installation of the Doorbird application as Android application in ZipaTile? Does it work?

photo

Duplicate post

photo

i'll check this out for you tomorrow Attila. I have both.

there are problems with the Zipatile and the doorbird operating under the zipato sip server as the doorbird uses a different sip program, I have asked for doorbird to talk to zipato on this, as I think it would be a massive advantage for them to have a unit(zipatile) that could offer the Doorbird local Sip service for this price.

photo

Hi Adrian, where can I find the Zipato SIP Server functionality?

photo

Zipato SIP is not yet complete, it will be in a few weeks I think. Then they will start on the Doorbird integration also.

Yes Attila, you can download the latest 3.11 apk for doorbird and it works fine on the zipatile.

photo

Hi Adrian. Just tested skype (as I dont have doorbird). when the app was

not active (no small icon on the status bar), the call did not ring on

Zipatile. It is the same as my xperia Z3. When the app was active (small

Skype sing in the status bar, the call did get through even when the

screen was off.

My question to you is the same for doorbird. Does it needs to be active in order to receive call? Can you test?

If not than basically it is enough to install doorbird and no matter what, it will always ring?

photo
photo

I'm also wondering what the status is on sip server, and how do I connect to it with my sip phone to it, what is the settings?

photo

How do I become a Zipato sip server tester, I have administrated sip servers before and have had many sip client devices so I'm not new to sip and voip, and have also run Linux server since almost since 1995

photo

FYI. I get the message:

You dont have SIP server.

You need to join SIP server first.

photo

We have integrated my DP-104 sip video door phone work with many smart-home server (like Fibaro). If anyone interseted check http://www.avadesign.com.tw/

photo

Any update on how to activate SIP Server??

Still not able to connect the doorbird to the Zipatile... :-(

photo

Well, still no news from Zipato so we have to wait until someone from them let's us know. Fingers crossed it will be shortly (if Adrian was right a month ago).

photo

UP. This becomes a dealbreaker.

Will have to look for alternative system for the Zipatile...

photo

With SIP server, Thermostat, Security and Zigbee/Z-wave/KNX? controller For 379Euro? Let me know when you find it...

photo
photo

Zipato have released a YouTube clip showhow to setup zip server, it is showing in settings how to setup, but my zipabox duo does not have that setting. I'm on firmware 1.1.32 I'm now upgrading to firmware 1.1.35

I can't find in internal setting in ip, I'm the only person having this problem?

And yes I have paid for a pro upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/user/zipatotv

photo

Hi Mikael. The SIP required Zipatile, it does not work on zipabox.

photo

That is totally stupid you should at least have the option to setup and configure a server, so it can be used on a zip telephone.

Can it be setup so if somebody is calling it sends the call to a sip video call to a grandstream sip phone, can it be used this way?

photo

No, firstly it is a hardware limitation. Zipabox does not have hardware necessary for running sip server.

If you want a workaround, you are better off buying a IP doorphone (like doorbird). There are even cheap high quality systems on the market like hikvision or dahua - they also do IP videophones.

photo

Solved with releas 1.1

photo

I have just updated the SIP Server app on my Zipatile to 1.2.0. According to the change log it supports clusters now. This Zipatile is clustered toghether with a Zipabox (i.e. both have a paid Pro upgrade). Both on 1.1.38 FW.

I've been trying to setup SIP Server/Intercom functionality, but so far unsuccessfully.

What is the appropriate procedure to enable and detect the SIP Server?

photo

Have you followed the procedure in the video? There are 4videos in total

photo

Yes. When running the step-by-step for the intercom, it briefly searches for a server, says "creating a new device" (barely can read it), and then "Unable to create new device" (w/ the retry button just below). No amount of retries does the trick. I also tried it from an android phone for completeness sake.

I'm spending the afternoon wiring other stuff and will review the videos again in the process. I am quite sure I haven't missed any steps, but you never know. Any help would be welcome...

photo

OK, this was quick: in video "How to create SIP SERVER part1", at around 1:10 you can see a small difference. While on the video there is simply "Delete SIP Server" on the top left of the menu (just above the SIP Server name), I had "Delete" and "Activate". With a high res screen you easily miss it. Just pressing "activate" did the trick. (see picture, already activated though).

Without this intermediate step, the server is there, log shows it's OK, but can't be detected or used by the Intercom app.

Everything else works as explained in the videos.

photo

Hi everyone,

tomorrow we will release new video on how to create SIP Server on cluster! Everything will be explained there in details. Also we will show 2 different methods on how to create it.

I'll post video here tomorrow.

Regards,

Dominik

photo

Is this going to unveil DoorBird connectivity too?

photo

As promised, here is the video:

https://youtu.be/SPdA5nfXOmM

photo

Hello , should i need to buy Pro Version for this SIP Server?

photo

Yes, PRO is required for SIP server functionality

photo

Ok , I have Zipatile Pro now.

I've just tested SIP Server on Helios IP Vario, but is not working. I've created the SIP Server and is working ...all good , until i press the button on 2N. I will attach a photo of my 2N .

I need licence for SIPS Servers on 2N?

And in settings , I don't have The buttons option.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

photo

Forget it , I've just upgrated de firmware and is working :D.

Thank you for the tutorial.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file