This object is in archive! 

Schedulers with Sunrise/Sunset issues after upgrading to 1.1.38

Alberto Macias shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

If you recently upgraded to 1.1.38 and you have schedulers with astro functions and/or rules that evaluate sunrise/sunset, you have to delete schedulers and replace them with new ones otherwise they will act funny.

I also deleted virtual weather station and created another one just in case. After opening a ticket, zipato support informed me these schedulers needed to be recreated.

Replies (10)

photo

Seriously? Recreate? Zipato should do that for us, if they *messed* it up!

photo

For me, it looks like every upgrade makes something to stop working or act weird!

Isn't it possible to have tested versions before release?! An alternative is of course to ignore updates as far as possible, but that is for me to let you other guys take the problems and that doesn't feel right.

Comments from Zipato?

photo

I also have a problem with my sunset controlled z-wave plug.

photo

I think my rules are working OK for the time being with 1.1.38. I'll keep an eye on them.

photo

My are also fine. I have a stable system now for a fairly long time but have not done any adjustments to is either.

photo

I have problems with the use of sunset and sunrise in the scheduler for a long time. Obviously esp. in a cluster system it is not working. After updating to the 1.1.38 firmware I created a new rule based on the scheduler to send an email to me at sunrise and another one for sunset. Both are not working.

The virtual weather station is updated regularly - not as often promised every 20 minutes but at least once or twice a day.

But even if not there are times vor sunset and sunrise available in the virtual weather station - maby for some days the same due to lack of updating. So rules depending on these astro values should be working with the not updated points in time.

So there is still an issue to be solved by the Zipato guys

photo

Bernd, i have found one api call that can do a regular update of the weather station. I have commented this somewhere in the community. I also have a rule that i dont need now that updates the weather station regularly, however i have noticed in the ui that unless you do a refresh of the browser, you will not see when was the actual update of the weather station.

photo

I had some problems too, but had my local village as location for the viritual weatherstation, i solved the problem with remove the weatherstation and added a new one with location in a bigger city nearby...

... don´t know the reason to lack of weather data thoug...

this problem was not solved last week (25th may 2017)

/Torbjörn Kleibrant Stockholm Sweden

photo

The issue is that Zipato use weatherunderground, and this is as Zipato support told me. Weatherunderground rely on user data, not meteorology beaureus for their data, and apparently if Zipato fail to get data from you current weatherstation they stop asking for it after a few attempts. This is to stop the Zipato service from being detected as a DDOS attack. Not my words.

Strange thing is, my weatherstation that I use locally, had never dropped offline, and after looking at the data it was always available and transmitting. So do not know why Zipato servers stopped calling for the data.

Also there were many customers of mine that I did not realise had had their sunrise/sunset values not updated in over 4 months, not to mention rules for automatically closing awnings for wind and rain, etc etc. Not good.

I have been informed that they are looking into a more reliable service though. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

photo

I created some rules using astro sunrise/sunset and after a few months they stopped working....also lost the pro version update after updating the zipatile....tried to re create the rules and now the creator asks me to upgrade zipatile when I click on the astro configuration of the scheduler!

This is messed up...very unreliable, very disapointed

Leave a Comment

Attach a file