This object is in archive! 

More than 100 Zipatiles in a 6 storey building

Laszlo Szoke shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Did anybody work on a similar scale project? We are requested to install lots of Zipatiles in a 6 storey building. There are more than 100 apartments, each Zipatile controls one apartment. Zipatiles will act as a doorphone clients for 2N doorphones. What's your opinion? Will it work? Will it be reliable?

Replies (5)

photo

You should use one Zipatile for the building management which is going to be the public SIP server for the building. 2N door phones are gonna be connected to it, as well as the Master Zipatile in each appartment (you can have multiple Zipatiles in any appartment but one of them should run private SIP server on it).

Before installation, be free to contact our support and we will provide you with the necessary technical support during the installation and configuration of this solution.

Please find the general drawing for building solution attached.

photo

We tested a system with a Zipatile as a SIP server and works well in a small setup. We used a 2N Helios Verso. My concern is about the size of this system. There will be a Zipatile at the administrator's office, this one will be the SIP server. The whole system will depend on it. If it fails, all the doorphones will be down. No guest will be able to enter.

There is no full backup&restore method for Zipatile as I know. So I cannot change it with another device in 10 minutes. The biggest issue is the reconfiguration of the SIP users on the new device (more than 100 users).

We tested the 2N Android client app on Zipatile. Using that app, we won't need a SIP server and the system won't depend on a sigle device. But the app does not ring. 2N (Pavel Hudecek) says that they tested Zipatile and it was ok. I don't know what to say.

I'm usually afraid to build large systems which are depending on a single device. Muprhy is alive. A quick replacement method is mandatory in this case.

photo

Zipato, do you have reverences of large systems?

photo

Actually, 100 Zipatiles are just 100 contacts for the SIP server which is running on "building Zipatile" so this is not demanding at all. As for the backup, if you connect the building Zipatile to the cloud, it will automatically replicate data, so once you connect another one, you will be able to get the data back.

Regarding the 2N application, we are aware of the issue. Already we have API based solution, but it is still not public. Either we will publish it before your integration or you will get it as a special option (of course, if you chose to go with this option).

photo

We start this integration on June. We presented the SIP server version to the client and they accepted it. But this version requires a double user management: one on the "building Zipatile" and another one on the 2N doorphone. In fact we do not want to provide communication between Zipatiles. We just want peer-to-peer calls form the doorphone(s) to one Zipatile at a time.

We'll install the SIP version only if there is no choice.

Is there another similar large integation done somewhere?

photo

this is a good point. Is there a way to restrict from seeing other zipatiles on the same sip server. Currently any time you reload the intercom app, your zipatile will pre add itself and be seen by others. Also I noticed that if the Intercom app is not running, or been cleared from the background apps, it will not receive calls. You need to re open the app.

This is also a problem if the zipatile resets itself, as the intercom is not automatically opened, and thus will not receive calls.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file