This object is in archive! 

Nest Protect V2 Support (Zipatile)

Oswin Peters shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Will the Nest Protect be fully supported in the Zipatile, so I can also use the proximity sensor to trigger actions?

I like this product and since I want to replace my old smoke detectors it seems like a good option.

If I can use the proximity sensor of the Nest Protect it saves me in buying some z-wave sensors.

Replies (5)

photo

agreed. To be able to control the proximity sensor would be great, also the led would be helpful too.

photo

I had a look at the API. Currently there seems to be no option to read the light and proximity sensor.

But there is a value for the LED (ui_color_state), this means that if the LED is white the sensor had been triggered and it is dark. This could be a trigger for a scene!

photo

Agree! This would be very nice. I've just installed one :-)

photo

i have 2, and they work very well, especially in corridors where they provide just enough light to light your way. Automatic safety checks are also very comforting. Motion sensor is spot on too. I just want them to create a V3 that has microphones in it with Google assistant built in. Then i'd have one in every room. Here hoping...........

photo

Which parameters/sensors can I use when I integrate Nest Protec v2 into Zipatile?

I also consider to buy some as my Fibaro Smoke Sensors only make troubles.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file