This object is in archive! 

Fibaro Motion sensor detects motion wrong during night time

Thorsten Roth shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hello,

I am using 3 Fibaro motion sensors to switch lights. Since a couple weeks, the lights are turning automatically on during night time. I have no pets or kids to trigger a motion sensor. I went to the event log and found out, that all 3 sensors got motion events. What is wrong in this case? See attached config and events. Could this be related to temperature/luminance?

Thanks

Replies (10)

photo

I have something very similar. I experienced this with 3 Fibaro motion sensors (out of 4), one of which I sent back.

In my case, the "ghost" motion signals seem connected with the wake-up intervals of the sensors. A few seconds after they have woken up and reported "no motion" they report "motion". Fibaro support was most unhelpful. In one instance, it seemed tonhave helped to set the sensitivity from the defaul 8 to 10. I will try the same with the other one that is acting up currently (just have to get the ladder for that ...) and see if that works as well.

photo

I have had the same problem with one of mine fibaro motion sensors

By changing the sensitivity the problem seems to go away.

Sometimes it get stuck on "motion", but is reverted to "no motion" when waked up.

This is what Fibaro wrote back to me after contactin support (but i still think it's the sensitivity):

I believe the problem is not directly connected with the sensitivity of the sensor, but lack of so called “blind time”.

Please set parameter 2 to value 15 (8 seconds of blind time) and 6 to value of 15 seconds.

This would extend the battery life and also reduce number of useless z-wave traffic as the sensor may keep on reporting on the time in case of a lot movement in a room.

This setting also is a good option in case Motion is to report movement and then turn ON/OFF some associated device (for example light).

photo

Hi Helle,

thx for the reply. I will try the config you mentioned. I will update you when I have further results.

Thanks for the help,

Thorsten

photo

Unfortunately, the settings change had no impact. Still the same odd -( I am really upset now! Most probably I will move to a different motion sensor vendor.

photo

Now one sensor is completly crazy :-(

photo

Having the same issue with one of the new zw+ motion sensor. I reset the sensor and included it again but the same behavior. I have one of the old series (non zw+) which works just fine.

photo
photo

Hi there,

will be fixed soon. Please open a ticket for that problem.

regards Helle

photo

Is the problem Zipato related and not Fibaro?

photo

Probably Zipato (sorry for wild guess :-), since several user here have it.

I have it to. It started randomly from nowhere.

1 of 2 motion sensors in my hallway have lost 70% battery the last couple of weeks. Cause is reported movement all night.

I changed a shitload of parameters on the device to see if i could fix it. Today it looks like it works as normal. Don't know what was the root cause. Zipato got any info maybee?

photo

I created a support ticket to resolve this issue. No update so far.

photo

Nicklas, if the battery is draining fast than it must be a sensor issue not zipato issue. How can a sensor brain battery fast if it is a passive unit (only wakes up at some times and when there is change in any of the measured values),i.e. Zipato cannot force to drain the battery fast unless some of the parameters are set not correctly that might drain the battery.

photo

Or the sensor is to far from the processor and the sensor keeps trying to reach the processor which would drain it's battery that fast.

photo
photo

Well I've had it for more than a year. It's been mounted in the same place. All of a sudden it starts acting up!?

Ok....device broken.... Crap HW supplier.... Well i'll deal with the with it when I have time.

Then this thread comes along..... Conclusion changes to: it's software related. But of course, it could still be broken, who knows..

photo

few off my fibaro sensors have started to act up aswell. (never have hade problems with them before and have not changed anything)

problem 1: i can see the reaction of moment from the detector, but status is not updated in zipabox

problem 2: zipato seams to miss the no moment message, so the device looks like its stuck in moment untill new moment is detected and next no moment is sent

photo

I got an answer from support. They said I have to remove/add the sensor. It seems that the sensor is using old descriptor and there is new descriptor available. I have to try and let you know if it works. I also told them, that it is a no go to remove/add sensors all the time when they changed something.

Not sure if this is related to this issue, but since yesterday my z-wave dimmer is dead.

photo

Did your problem went away by excluding/including your devices, I recently started to have issues since last firmware update (1.2.15) and I notice this two sensors are different regarding descriptors than the others, in these parameter #24 is not shown as default.

photo

I'm about the same problem. After updating to 1.2.21h Fibaro motion sensor reacts badly. Remains for several hours as motion. I have 10 sensors, and every day it makes another sensor. What should I do to correct?

photo

Well, firstly upgrade to latest version. Mine is right now 1.2.22i. Also try doing a Network heal on these devices using the ZWNTUT topology update located in the Zwave network settings in Device manager.

You can also try to go to the root level setting of the problematic device and use the following 2 functions:

General settings - reapply device descriptors

Advanced - configure node

photo

I have contacted support and adviced me to upgrade to the latest firmware and exclude/include the sensor once in the latest firmware. I did it for one of them and I noticed it did improve its performance, at least my alarm is not tripping every time I arm it AWAY. Try do the same and let us know if it worked.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file