Zipatile glass screen cover

Attila Hajdu shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Hi Zipato,

Following my very first customer complaint on the built quality of Zipatile i was wondering if you can get into your portfolio a hardened glass screen protector? My customer was separating the back panel from the front and even not pushing hard the front, the screen broke. Apparently the front is rather very sensitive and everyone should first apply the screen protector to ensure scratch free surface of the device (as it can get scratched very easily.

I'm not sure where are any sensors so not sure what the best positions for cut out would be. But what I'm sure that a lot of people who ordered and are using Zipatile will support this topic.

Anyone with a Zipatile, please give this topic a like to see how many people thinks the same.

Zipato, can you review this as a matter of urgency and a way how to keep more customers happy. Surely people would be happy to pay for it.

Replies (21)

photo

Some pictures attached as well62b3af886930daff1f03802586302b292aa2af1fd355b92ccc1e2b9c2cf257d87b7798a0d8b37fbf75bd928435f1e844

photo

I really don't understand how your customer did that. We will publish the video to show how to dismantle the wall holder right now. But the pressure on the screen is not necessary at all.

There are two screen protectors already in the packaging box. Transport one is applied on the screen, and after initial usage, users can remove it. Second one can be applied afterwards, for general protection of the screen during regular usage. This second one, will be also available in glass option soon. But this will only improve the quality of protection from fingertips and scratches, not high pressure.

photo

Hi Sebastian. Not 100% sure but happened. Perhaps the way he hold it. I cannot imagine myself that he would have pushed it hard for sure. There is no protection against high pressure.

Nevertheless glass protector does help a lot. I have a sony xperia and have glass protection on front and back. It did fall a numerous times and still the phone is intact (the protector now is broken on the back but still provides protection). please let me know immediately when you have this glass protector as surely i will order a bunch of them 9especially if I start to install Zipatile for customers...). It is also easier to apply a glass protection than a plastic film - plus it will be surely bubbleless....

photo

Got your point. We will certainly put more attention to it now.

As for applying screen protector without bubbles, please check this video, maybe it can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdiIII_Qd70

Today, we will publish few videos about how to dismantle the wall holder as well.

photo

agreed. glass screen protectors are the best, I have sony's too, all cracked backs. :-(

photo
photo

I also got mine broken on instalation, the sad part is that the screen is also touch screen, so now i cannot use it at all. Do you have replacement screens?

photo

You have to send it back for paid repair.

photo

any idea how much will it cost?

photo

They are estimating it around 80 Euro. Obviously this is estimate so cannot rely on it, but you have an indicative value.

photo

First you need to send email to support@zipato.com or raise ticket on support.zipato.com.

They will confirm your request and provide you with return details. Also, you will need to give them the serial number of your device.

photo

Unfortunately, I am the customer mentioned in this post. I was using the Zipatile even without the working half of the screen. Fortunately it is possible to do all configuration and control via the iPhone and web GUI. Unfortunately after one week of usage in addition power input connector on the Zipatile has fallen into pieces when I wanted to disconnect the Zipatile from it. At the moment I am trying to solve this issue with Zipato support, I hope the issue will be solved to both sides satisfaction.

photo

My screen also broke, after I very carefully tried to remove the mount.

photo

I also think the screen is very sensitive, I pre-ordered two zipatiles and when they arrived I was eager to play with them so I unpacked on of them and started to configure and register, before completing that process the screen was already scratched (not too bad but scratched) so with the second one I first put the protection VERY carefuly and managed to install it almost without bubbles. I think gorilla glass screens should be used and also glass protection on Zipato Store.

photo

it would be very nice to have a nice screen cover in glass or to have the screen straigt with gorilla glass ...

my zipatile is unfortunately full of scratches - as i did not manage to put the protection without very awfulf biubbles

photo

Dear All,

as on almost every other device, with a touchscreen, the screen can crack if it is handled unprofessionally. In terms of the screen protection, there is a protective screen cover which comes with every ZipaTile, which can be applied without bubbles as well, what Alberto apparently managed to do as stated above. ☺

Best regards,

Stefan

photo

Not like other devices. You can just sneeze and the screen will break.

photo

Sorry Stefan, but have to disagree on this one. The glass on the Zipatile is very low quality and durability. Every Zipatile I have set up has fine scratches on it after set up. And the "film" protector is impossible to get on with out bubbles.

This is the most important thing to fix on the Zipatiles, otherwise a controller looks old and dated within 3 months of use, and how to do replace the screen, you cant, this means replacing the whole Zipatile, the whole network, the whole programming.

As Alberto says, he may have got the protector on without bubbles, but the glass is very low quality, more plastic than glass.

photo

I agree with Adrian and the others. My very first client who had zipatile among the first ones have also managed to crack the screen while removing the wall holder from zipatile. Funny thing was that after this happened, zipato published the video how to remove the back wall holder so they can minimize the possibility of this happening.

I never dare to take off the foil from the zipatile as the one I removed and used the added screen protector was impossible to apply without bubbles. This is because there is dust everywhere (unless you have a laboratory...) and cannot apply a large surface screen protector without bubbles.

I was hoping the the 2nd generation of zipatiles as one of the revamped hardware would have glass screen but it seems (I havent opened one yet and still using my old 1st generation zipatile) this part of the hardware was not reconsidered.

Obviously I understand Stefan as he would never agree to these things, but doesnt need to. We all resellers know the story and we indeed need to be careful. It is just a shame that it is now over a year and zipato did not consider the option to provide a tempered glass cover. I dont believe that would add on the costs too much (if you can purchase a tempered glass cover for a phone for around 1.5-3 USD) and would be definitely welcomed. So a year later and this topic cannot still considered resolved...

photo

It is not good to fight (with words of course) people about screen problem . The screen is very prone to cracking . We are in year 2018 and none of the phone screens crack too easily (being bigger makes a negative difference anyways) . Zipato team is very innovative , products are awesome , but service is really poor . I dont mention about the quality . I am in turkey , and there is NO place that can change the screen . Crackable glass is somehow acceptable , but no service in whole country is NOT . We must send to zagreb and pay lots of shipping etc. If you give the replacement parts , any electronic shop can easily change what is broken or failed ..Please do not ignore people's complaints about products , if that many people cracks the screen , you must share a portion of the problem with the customers

photo
photo

It is possible to order a replacement screen for Zipatile?

photo

Dear Pravoslav,

unfortunately we don't sell replacement screens.

Best regards,

Stefan

photo
photo

Thank you for the quick reply. Screen protection will be additionally ordered?

photo

Not sure what you mean. In gerenar zipatile a screen cover already applied. It also selss with one additional plastic screen cover in the original package. So far no possible to use any tempered glass as this is not yet existing.

there is a video tutorial how to remove the back wall holder safely without the risk of braking the screen.

If a screen is already broken, then there is only one option and that is to raise a ticket with zipato for RMA repair. This service is however payable and is not covered with the warrantly. In my previous experience (last year) it was around 80 Eur (obviously you have to bear the cost of sending the zipatile to Chroatia). They send it back free of charge.

My advise currently is to wait until the backup feature will be available or liaise with zipato to see if they can sort out the backup for your zipatile just in case.

photo

It is true that glass is very sensitive. However, if handled with care there should be no problem at all. Please note that this is "wall mount" device, and not mobile device. It is common to use gorilla or some other tampered glass for mobile devices, but this is not common for static, wall mounted devices as it is unnecessarily incresing the cost of the device. However, we will re-consider this option for the next version.

Meanwhile, please open the support ticket for the broken device. We will have to replace the complete front part, but the cost is still much lower than the new device.

As for the backup, it is ready for testing now with the v.1.2.20.

photo

Dear Sebastian.

Thank you for the update.

I have just tried Backup but did not work (v 1.2.20g). Still the same with the popup with upgrade reminder (I have Pro License).

Or doesn´t it work in Cluster Enviroment?

photo

Me too have the same popup message. Pro license and no cluster here.

photo

ok, noted. We we will check it out now...

photo

Thank you very much.

photo
photo

If we send zipatile for a cracked screen change , do all the settings have to be made again ?

All dry contacts , shutters , sensors ?

Or they stay intact and only the screen is changed ?

photo

No, they just replace the front screen and you are back where you were. Just raise a ticket, they will sort it out no problem.

photo

Thank you

And the only repair service is in croatia ?

photo
photo

Yes. Raise an RMA request for repair. The cost of replace the display was 80 euro, but that was 2 years ago and 1st generation zipatile. So not bad.

photo

You seem to have a satisfactory knowledge about the system , i want to ask about off-topic

My air condition system have a IR receiver , but it is in a little bit problematic space

I want to ask , if i can use the IR extender "both" for 2 purposes

First , ir extender gets wireless signal from zipatile and sends to ac ir receiver (main function)

Secondly , can i use it for repeating the remote control of ac ? I mean , if i put ir extender somewhere in the room , can i use it to extend (or reflect) the ac remote control IR signal TO THE IR RECEIVER UNIT OF AC ?

Or zipato IR extender cant do that and i need to buy some seperate IR extender (or repeater) for remote controlling air condition

photo
photo

Hi. Whether the zipato ir extender will work with your ac unit depends on the make and model of your ac unit. Check the manual.

Im sure it cannot be used as ir extender as you want in your 2nd question. Im wondering if it is really necessary.

The ir extender is basically a termostatic device so you ideally include into virtual thermostat and from there you dont care anymore. It should be working on its own.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file