This object is in archive! 

Reliable spring, summer, autumn or winter virtual sensor

Attila Hajdu shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi, did anyone experiment with seasons? Im currently starting with my garden and plant watering solution and need to know if anyone has implemented a reliable spring, summer, autumn or winter virtual sensor or level or something? Ideally one virtual devise should be used to not overcomplicate things.

The idea is that the watering to only take place when it is spring-autumn season...

Replies (10)

photo

I figured out. Thanks to Vedran for advise. Attached the rule. It runs every day once and then checks which day of the year it is and changes the season sensors state accordingly. Rock solid reliable rule without variables.

photo

@Attila: are the states of the switches now reliably preserved between reboots? Just wondering. And what about virtual meters?

photo

Hi David, works like a charm. No issues with reboot at least not that Im aware of.

Although I experience a bug: the virtual sensors does not show any state on web UI despite they show state on andoid app. They have state that is updated every day at 1am and can be seen in the event list. This bug is web UI related and not virtual sensor related.

You can incorporate this rule to your system to further enhance the Zipato experience.

photo

Ahh OK you're using a virtual sensor? I'm never experimented with those. What's the difference/advantage with respect to, say, a virtual switch?

photo

Hmm, for this context not sure, surely it is not possible to accidentally mess up which season it is...then different rules would start to work...

photo

I mean, if you created four virtual switches and set them to on/off, it would work just the same, right?

photo

it will, but then if someone accidentally switches one of the season to a different state, it can mess up the other rules dependent on the state...

photo

Couldn't the same thing happen with the virtual sensor?

photo

You cannot switch it manually. Only by rules or via https link

photo

Ahh OK!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file