This object is in archive! 

Paradox alarm and Zipatile

Pablo shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hello,

Which are currently the possibilities to connect a Paradox (Evo 192) to a Zipatile?

Which kind of actions/information can be executed/seen on Zipatile? Arm, Disarm, Home Arm, Zones status, etc...

Thanks.

Best Answer
photo

The implementation is done and it is released with 1.2.21 firmware. The WIZNet board for which the implementation should work is WIZ110SR. You need to load settings to the WIZNet first using WIZ100SR/105SR/110SR Configuration Tool. The parameters you have to enter are:

Network Tab - IP Config Method: Static

- Operation Mode: Mixed

Serial Tab - Speed: 9600

- DataBit: 8

- Parity: None

- Stop Bit: 1

- Flow: None

Option Tab - Inactivity Time: 600

- Data Packing Condition - Time: 100

- Size: 255

The rules should work for arm/disarm event as well as for zone TRIPPED event. Not recognizing the user who disrmed. Only the alarm pin, IP address and port have to be entered in device settings after discovery for zones is done.

Replies (30)

photo

Currently, you can connect your Paradox Alarm System to Zipatile using PRT 3 through USB.

In one of the next beta firmware releases, you will be able to connect it via IP using WIZNet RS232-to-IP adapter.

You can arm the system (ARM AWAY or ARM HOME) and disarm it. You can see partion and all the zones in the device browser after discovery. You can see when the certain zone is tripped and you have the ability to bypass it.

photo

Željko, It looks great! Have you got an approximate timing for that firmware release?

Which is the exact reference from Wiznet? There are some of them: http://www.wiznet.io/product/serial-to-ethernet/

Regarding the integration, how deep will that go? For example: will rules wok with events like zone is activated? Or recognise who disarms?

Thanks a lot

photo

The implementation is done and it is released with 1.2.21 firmware. The WIZNet board for which the implementation should work is WIZ110SR. You need to load settings to the WIZNet first using WIZ100SR/105SR/110SR Configuration Tool. The parameters you have to enter are:

Network Tab - IP Config Method: Static

- Operation Mode: Mixed

Serial Tab - Speed: 9600

- DataBit: 8

- Parity: None

- Stop Bit: 1

- Flow: None

Option Tab - Inactivity Time: 600

- Data Packing Condition - Time: 100

- Size: 255

The rules should work for arm/disarm event as well as for zone TRIPPED event. Not recognizing the user who disrmed. Only the alarm pin, IP address and port have to be entered in device settings after discovery for zones is done.

photo

Great! Last question for me: How do I connect my Paradox panel to the WIZ110SR? Is it ok the Paradox reference 307USB, or do I need the PRT3?

Thanks

photo
photo

You need PRT3.

photo

Zeljko, I am about to purchase the PRT3 and the WIZnet wiz110sr. Do I need also the Zipato PRO license? It is not clear for me reading this: https://www.zipato.com/how-it-works/features.

Is 99EUR per yerar, or 99EUR only once?

Thank you for your clarifications

photo

You need no license just for Paradox.

By the way it is a "one time only" license if you are going to need it in the future

photo

Hi Pablo,

PRO license is a one time fee and includes all upgrades which will be released in the next 365 days.

After a year has passed, all the upgrades which you installed stay on your controller and you can use them forever. But in order to get new updates, you need to buy the PRO licence again.

Best regards,

Branislav

photo
photo

Hello all,

I would start with the integration of my Paradox and Zipatile on the next few days. I would like to start by connecting directly the alarm panel to my Zipatile. Afterwards will introduce the Wiznet.

As I read on the forum there are two options on the Paradox PRT3 side: DB9 cable or USB. On the Zipatile side there is only USB.

What do you recommend? For the final solution I have about 7m from the alarm central to the Zipatile, so I suppose USB is not recommended.

I appreciate your feedback.

photo

Over 3m it should not be a problem with a voltage drop of 5V. It is not for charging but for communication. Please keep us posted on your progress.

photo

Attila it's 7m. So you recommend USB connection from Paradox PRT3 to micro USB to Zipatile. Correct?

photo

Hi Pablo. Read the post above. From what I can understand this connection is not direct wired connection between 2 devices, but IP based. So the Zipatile should communicate with the Paradox alarm via the WIZ110SR Wiznet board over the local LAN network. http://www.wiznet.io/product-item/wiz110sr/

photo

Hi Attila,

Yes, but according Zeljko "Currently, you can connect your Paradox Alarm System to Zipatile using PRT 3 through USB." (https://community.zipato.com/topic/paradox-alarm-and-zipatile#comment-32494).

As I explained, I preffer to test it step by step, first with direct connection to avoid any problems caused by Wiznet configuration (I also have it already, but I am waiting for PRT3). Afterwards will introduce the Wiznet.

I will start with the USB from the Paradox PRT3 to the micro USB to the Zipatile.

Will keep you informed.

photo

Well Pablo. We all thank you for any information you will provide. This will be gold value.

Please also consider information on the easiness of integration - if you experience lot or only few unexpected things white connecting these devices. Many thanks.

photo

I successfully managed to have Zipatile connected to Paradox system using simple wiring techniques (Not serial connection). So this post may help those who are interested in doing simple Arm, Disarm from Zipatile to Paradox system and send Alarm signal from Paradox to Zipatile

In my case, I am using Paradox Panel SP7000 and keypad K32

All we need is:

-A few wires

-Programming Paradox

-Creating conditions in rule creator for Zipatile

The concept is basically setting 2 zones (contact points) on Paradox panel as connection to a momentary switches (one is to arm and the other is to disarm). And those zones are then hardwired to the 2 relays on Zipatile.

And to send alarm signal from Paradox to Zipatile we need to program a PGM (output point) on Paradox to turn on whenever an alarm is triggered sending a signal to the DRY INPUT point on Zipatile.

Wiring

Refer to the attached Wiring image (Wiring.png)

Z9 and C on Paradox are connected to Relay 2 (at the very top).

Z10 and C on Paradox are connected to Relay 1 (second one from the top).

PGM 1 and AUX+ are connected to DRY INPUT 12-24VDC on Zipatile (third one)

Note: you can use any other zone PGM points. I just happen to use Z9, Z10 for input and PGM1 for output.

Programming Paradox

I reckon all paradox models use the same steps below but if you face issues in this section, follow the programming guide specific to your Paradox model.

Installer Mode > select Z9 > defined zone as Keyswitch Momentary > set condition to Arm Only

Installer Mode > select Z10 > defined zone as Keyswitch Momentary > set condition to Disarm

Installer Mode > select PGM1 > PGM type = Follow Alarm > PGM delay 1 sec (it can be 5 seconds)

Rule Creator

The rule creator conditions are attached here (arm & disarm.png) (Alarm.png)

When Zipatile is disarmed - Relay 1 is on (shorted/closed) for 1 second then turns off

When Zipatile is armed - Relay 2 is on (shorted/closed) for 1 second then turns off

When Binary input is on (high/12VDC) trigger alarm and send a message a push message to phone (of course it can be whatever you want it to be)

Sync and refresh and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,

Peace

photo

Hi dcrib;

Can you tell me how to wire in series 2 door window sensor with the relay N1 or N2??

Can i use the output to control 1 zone??

kind Regards

photo
photo

Dcrib, that is a good option to avoid additional Paradox modules and looks great!

Regarding the integration with the Paradox PRT3 and Zipatile, using USB cable, I am having some problems for detecting the alarm.

I add the new device "Paradox" (not Paradoxip) because in my case I use the USB cable, as said. The including process starts, but it never detects anything, even if it stays an hour.

My config for the PRT module is this:

2fda1e875fbdcb3b0da9d69f971513de

Any help?

Pablo

photo

Hello all,

This is a short update with my "progress":

Paradox PRT3

* I have configured my PRT3 as the image above: Ascii; 9600; Enable serial port; Home automotion ON

* Selected the option "Automatic printing of Event Groups" and selected all the Event groups available.

* Selected same zones I have configured on my Paradox EVO192

Paradox EVO192

* On the system options, I have selected "Send status over the serial bus" (just in case, I don't know if it is necessary)

Previous step with the computer:

* Have connected to hyperterminal and checked I am receiving data as the detectors are tripped. For this I have followed the instructions on the Paradox PRT3 manual.

Zipatile

* Connected to the PRT3 via USB

* Followed these steps given by support on my ticket:

-------------------------

1. Create a network Paradox 2. Wait half a minute - if the creation is not finished, turn off it, sync, refresh, and after Paradox network and Paradox alarm on UI shoudl be visible 3. Add new device wizard, select Paradox, click on SN Tile (nowhere else, not on the add new network, because Paradox network already is there).Timer should get started... On Paradox device should already be created at least one zone and one partition, otherwise discovery cannot work.

-------------------------

Result

* Step 1 and 2 are fine.

* Step 3: the discovery starts and my Zipatile says "Inclusion process started", but there is no counter. And it stays looking for my alarm as long as you let it. BUT NEVER FINDS IT.

* So I am waiting now for further support help, because looks like integration is not working fine for me.

Hope this info is helpfull.

photo

Hi Željko,

with a new release does it need PRT3 module for evo192 paradox to communicate over IP? I have bought Wiznet board already, and I can see pardox evo192 has serial connector. Does it wires like this Zipatile to wifi local network, wiznet board to local router, paradox evo192 serial connector to wiznet board ? or zipatile to wifi, wiznet to router, evo192 to PRT3, PRT3 to wiznet ?

Rimas

photo

It is the second one. I mean you need the PRT3 because it serves as an Paradox adapter to RS232.

Zipato/Željko

photo

I have one more question, does zipatile send data to paradox ?, lets say window is open and there are zipato z-wave sensor on it, can i see open window in paradox system ? will it actvivate paradox siren if the system will be armed and window opens ?

photo

Ziptile does not send such data to Paradox. Paradox will sound only if sensor directly connected to it is triggered.

photo

hmm.. that sound not good :s do you have any ideas how its better to make working siren ? house will be only with zipato sensors, no paradox sensors. Paradox is used only for sending alarm status to security company. Lets say if zipatile detects window sensor active, can it make active relay to triger paradox channel ?

photo

Well... you can connect your sensors to some siren using rule creator. You only need to make such a rule

photo
photo

Hi Željko,

need some help with connecting paradox to zipatile :)

1. I have got Wiz110SR and PRT3 boards

2. Add settings to Wiz board

3. Create Paradox ip network on Zipatile

what to do next ? how to add Arm/Disarm function ? how to see if all wiring is working good ?

photo

Well.... you should go again to add new device wizard, select Paradox, and "click" on your controller SN. If you have partitions and zones created on your Paradox alarm, they will be added to the Zipatile and you should be able to see them under device browser in the UI.

photo

Its step 2, Joining device, after 60s Configuration failed, What can be wrong ?

On the PRT3 module only RX led blinking all the time, TX LED not blinking at all.

photo

is it ok to wire like this ? prt3 with wiznet ?

photo

Have you created any zones and partition in the alarm itself? This step should add all created zones to the Zipatile

photo

Everything looks fine. The discovery timeout also started what is a good sign. The only reason why it could fail that I can think of, is if you do not have any zones created on the alarm itself.

photo

Yes, alarm is working for a long time, it has partition, and about 20 zones.

How can I see if wiz board is working ?

photo

Partition and Zones are created on EVO192 and ZX8 extension board, but none on PRT3 module, does it need to be some created on PRT3 too ?

photo

Which firmware are you running on? Try to run 1.2.24. It has been tested OK with that firmware. If you need help about upgrade or downgrade, please contact support.

photo

If the ethernet port is blinking on WIZNet, it should mean the board is OK.

photo

Firmware 1.2.29, Orange is blinking, green led is not blinking on Wiz board. IP address of wiz board is 192.168.1.80 with gateway 192.168.1.1, port 5000. Look like, that wiz board is not requesting any data from PRT3, or PRT3 is not transmitting any data, because TX is not blinking at all.

photo

I would suggest you to try 1.2.24 firmware. I remember there was an issue with 1.2.28 and 1.2.29 was not tested yet with Paradox.

photo

OK, trying to downgrade :)

photo

I have only Official 1,2,29 , Previosly 1,1,39 (very old) and beta version. How I can get 1,1,24 ?

photo

its an new Zipatile, today unpacked and update to current version.

photo

As I said, please contact support to assist you with that

Leave a Comment

Attach a file