This object is in archive! 

Help with the set up of a virtual thermostat with 2 radiators (valves)

Pablo shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I would appreciate some help for setting up my virtual thermostat for a room where I have 2 radiators (each of them with one Popp valve). My question is on the set up of the Virtual Thermostat, Temperature tab and then Heating, what do I put in the Outputs and what on the Input?

I want to use the temperature of the Zipatile sensor, so I imagine this is by setting this way on the Thermometers section.

Any help or ideas for the proper thermostat set yup are welcome. Thanks for your help!

cfa52b6a82de735897903f6f35bd75b8

Best Answer
photo

I received the answer from Support. Just in case it is useful for someone:

* CASE1: 1 valve in 1 room, use temperature sensor of the valve itself (Popp):

- Heating Input: the valve. You use this "Input" feature if you want your controler virtual Thermostat to be updated if you change manually the temperature setpoint on the valve itself.

- Heating output: the valve. You use this "output" feature for the valve to open or close the radiator.

- Heating output: the boiler actuator. For example the Zipatile relay (carefull, Zipatile relay can be used as boiler actuator only on PRO virtual thermostats)

- Temperature sensor: the valve

* CASE 2: 2 valves on the same room, use a separate temperature sensor:

- Heating input: one of the valves. The one you want to use in case you set up the setpoint of the room on the valve itself. Zipato only allows one input.

- Heating output: both valves. You can select as many valves as you want, even with BASIC Virtual Thermostat

- Heating output: boiler actuator. Careful PRO functionalities.

Hope this helps someone.

Replies (1)

photo

This is originally Danfoss radiator valve and it has thermostat functionality. You can certainly find many instructions within this community about how to set it up. Meanwhile, since it is thermostat, you should set it as Heating Input and Output. If you have some additional temperature meter which you would like to use as room temperature reference, than put it as Thermometer input (function can be last).

photo

In fact they are ZWE valves, which is a German company that manufactures them and they are sold to Danfoss or Popp. I am thinking on writing a review on them in comparison with other in the market.

Regarding the config, thanks for your answer Sebastian. Almost everything is clear for me now. Just a question: I can select only one Heating-Input. If I have two radiators, so two valves, what should I select? If you could explain what Heating-Input does exactly, I could think on my best config. Of course a manual (or video tutorial) would be great, but an explanation is enough.

photo

Any help?

I can select only one Heating-Input. If I have two radiators in the same room, so two valves, what should I select?

Also, where do I chose the Tile Relay as boiler actuator? Is it Heating-Output?

Thanks everyone

photo

I received the answer from Support. Just in case it is useful for someone:

* CASE1: 1 valve in 1 room, use temperature sensor of the valve itself (Popp):

- Heating Input: the valve. You use this "Input" feature if you want your controler virtual Thermostat to be updated if you change manually the temperature setpoint on the valve itself.

- Heating output: the valve. You use this "output" feature for the valve to open or close the radiator.

- Heating output: the boiler actuator. For example the Zipatile relay (carefull, Zipatile relay can be used as boiler actuator only on PRO virtual thermostats)

- Temperature sensor: the valve

* CASE 2: 2 valves on the same room, use a separate temperature sensor:

- Heating input: one of the valves. The one you want to use in case you set up the setpoint of the room on the valve itself. Zipato only allows one input.

- Heating output: both valves. You can select as many valves as you want, even with BASIC Virtual Thermostat

- Heating output: boiler actuator. Careful PRO functionalities.

Hope this helps someone.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file