This object is in archive! 

Ikea Smart Lighting

derJan shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Pleeeeeeeeease make it to control with the zipabox <3<3<3

http://gizmodo.com/ikeas-working-on-a-super-cheap-and-versatile-smart-home-1707301488

Best Answer
photo

Just got a tradfri bulb working with the zipabox with zigbee module. The trick is to get the bulb into inclusion mode : swith it on and off (toggle) 6 or 7 times, fast. So toggle without waiting between toggles. The bulb itself will respond with a very short flicker, that is the indication that the bulb is in inclusion mode. And indeed will be found by the zipabox. (Add new zigbee device, toggle 6 or 7 times fast, bulb flicklers, zipato responds with device found).

Replies (8)

photo

And now it's out to buy: IKEA TRÅDFRI: http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/10318263/

Will it work in Zipato controllers with Zigbee support? (Like the Zipatile)

Please let us know!

photo

As far as I know, TRÅDFRI uses Zigbee Lignt Link.

I don't think it is supported by the Zipabox Zigbee module, at least. Osram Lightify works without a bridge (Zigbee HA 1.2 protocol), but Phillips Hue does not (Zigbee Light Link protocol).

I think...

photo

any update ? or do it support like Hue that you can link Ikea Bridge to Zipabox/Zipatile ?

photo

Hello, any update they just started selling those very cheap: 9,99€ dimmable bulb.

photo

I've seen an article where someone got it to work with Vera Plus, what I've heard from customers om mine the light is pleasing as well.

photo

with the price tags of ikea, it will be interesting to have it working with the zipato ecosystem

photo

Yeahthey got it partly to work with vera (not to change the colour) and not via the Ikea hub, just to end point right away.

Alsoseen people modifying the remote for the bulbs via Arduino, but that is ofcourse a more hardware hack

photo

Hi I am trying to get the Tradfri remote to control an arduino for a project but havent found any information on exactly how to achieve this.

I am assuming i can connect a bluetooth module to the arduino for recieving the code from the remote, any information would be great.

Many thanks

Andy

photo

@Andy, that won't work: The Ikea "Trådfri" system doesn't use Bluetooth (radio frequency + protocol). Rather, they use Zigbee, which is another protocol/system entirely.

You may want to read the following article, before you google "arduino zigbee";

http://microcontrollerslab.com/zigbee-interfacing-arduino/

photo
photo

I just picked up a "Trådfri" 980lm Zigbee bulb from Ikea (with variable light temperature).

It sort of *WORKS* with Zipatile (Zigbee device inclusion, no hub): It's possible to control on/off, and both the temperature and intensity control show, but for now, I've only been able to control on/off from the panel. I guess the other properties can be controlled via rules.

photo

Update:

The Ikea Zigbee bulbs *DO* work, but the end points need to be named / configured manually via the WebUI Control Center to make them work.

photo

any image of an config?

photo

3f9625bbbee76dea9cb1786d7efb6e9aConnected 2 IKEA bulb. nr1 works, number 2 have an issue. tryed connecting it one more time with same result

photo

After some time, it works and has the right walues. can turn them on and off :-)

photo

Can you change the temperature aswell?

photo

And what about the remote controls are those possible to get to work?

photo

Dos not seam to work, but have not testet fully yet

photo

I just installed some 15 LED bulb GU10 400 Spotlights and a couple of E27 TRÅDFRI LED Bulbs in my home and at least the Bulbs showed up directly in the Zipato (I also bought the ZigBee module the other day just for this) and I can change colour and turn them on and off and the show up in the rule-creator (although at this moment they all have the same name there...). I have not bought or used the IKEA Gateway, so I wonder if the lamps can be used/Paired with both the Zipato ZigBee and another controller such as the IKEA Dimmers and/or the IKEA Gateway?

photo

JonH, I have a problem to include the light. I turn on and off 6 times the lamp blink 1 time very fast and nothing happen.

what am I doing wrong?

photo

Unpairing / reseting the bulb only works for me if I add it to my IKEA gateway, and then removes the bulb from there.

That might solve your issues.

I use two types of E27 and one E14.

BR// Andy

photo

Hi,

I 've just bought the zigbee module and with 3 Ikea bulbs I get nothing first.

Zigbee just find the ikea remote dimmer but I can't use it with zipato.

I get the latest fw and swith on/off 6 times and it worked ! (only the E27 the e14 is unknow.

I you add (link) the ikea remote dimmer to a bulb you loose the zipato control.

photo

Hi, yes but not completely supported. You can't use it in the rules. But I'am sure zipato will do it 100%.

photo

All my lamps is added now and work if I manually turn them on and off. But when the lamps are included in a rule some lamps do not turn off and some when turned on will not go to set light levels. Anyone with same problems.

When you have turned the light on and off 6 times you have to wait like 5-10sec then my system find the lights.

photo

Yes, i couldn't get the zigbee to be stable and usable on my zipabox. Most devices turned red over time. Try the IKEA gateway and see if you have the same issue there, if not, i guess problem is in zipatos end? I'm moving on...

photo

Just got a tradfri bulb working with the zipabox with zigbee module. The trick is to get the bulb into inclusion mode : swith it on and off (toggle) 6 or 7 times, fast. So toggle without waiting between toggles. The bulb itself will respond with a very short flicker, that is the indication that the bulb is in inclusion mode. And indeed will be found by the zipabox. (Add new zigbee device, toggle 6 or 7 times fast, bulb flicklers, zipato responds with device found).

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file