This object is in archive! 

Connect IKEA FLOALT to Zipatile

Fredrik Hänninen shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

What I read in the forum is that IKEA product works with Zipatile.

But I can't make it work with IKEA FLOALT.

I tried to factory reset it with power of 6 times. After that I can't connect with the zipatile.If I use IKEAs TRÅDFRI remote I have to keep 5 cm from a certain point of the light to connect. Is it the same whit the Zipatile? In that case, witch part of the zipatile is supposed to be 5cm from the connection point of the FLOALT?

Replies (5)

photo

Fredrik,

The reason you have to use Ikea's Remote Control gadget 2cm from the light when adding to their gateway, is that they activate the ZigBee stuff that way.

My bet is that the Floalt LED pamels will work perfectly with Zipatile, but that you would want to first add it to the Ikea gateway, let it update its firmware, THEN start Zipatile->New Device->Zigbee and then immidiately REMOVE the lamp from the Ikea gateway. This causes the lamp to do a proper reset and to search for a new server.

photo

Thank you. I will try that and comment the result.

photo
photo

I tryed to do like you described. It did not work.

The behaviour of the LED-panel seams to the same as turning off and on the power 6 times.

When I connected the remote and the panel to the gateway I learned how to do it with the IKEA gateway. Then I tried to imitate the same prosedure with the zipatile. It did not work.

Any more advice? please.

photo

Uppdate

I read this article and fond out one more thing to try.

https://www.smarthomegeeks.co.uk/how-to/add-ikea-tradfri-philips-hue/

Part 1:6 Last time I did not turn of the IKEA bridge. Now I did the same thing but turned of the bridge after I removed tha LED-panel.

This time I did also try Part 2:1 Turn off an on 6 times.

I did also follow the advice Part 2:2 and touched the LED-panel with the Zipatile.

Result. It don't work.

The firmware of the LED-panel is 1.2.217

Anyone? Any more advice? please.

photo

Hi

I just bought a Ikea Floalt and I got it to connect to my Zipatile. I reset the Floalt as described ( 6 times turn on/off), placed my Zipatile on top of the Floalt, and the Zipatile found the device right away. You have to use the Zigbee button.

The problem is, there is no real configuration included in the setup. See attached.

If I manually set type to "Pannel" on the headline of the configuration, I only can control on/off on the Floalt. I can't figure out how setup the configuration to control the color and intensity.

I suppose this should be configured on the 3 lines with "no name".

I 7461f0c4fc39151c88bc00c120f3dc78

photo

Hi,

Your device needs descriptor to be written by Zipato. You can send me your Zipatile serial number at zcerovski@3plus.hr and I will try to make it work. If you feel more comfortable, you can also contact zipato support for this issue.

Željko/Zipato

photo

Sounds good but how do I contact the support?

I got the followong answer

"Your ticket has not been accepted into the system. This is the support desk for the active Zipato users only.

If you are a registered Zipato user, please, send the email from the email address which you have registered with my.zipato.com.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I have the correct E-mail adress.

photo

Hi Željko

Thanks for your very kind offer. I think I will try to create a support case for Zipato. It seems that more Zipatile owners has bought a Ikea Floalt, so it would be nice if Zipato could make an official configuration.

Thanks again Željko

Esben Henriksen

photo
photo

Fredrik,

IKEA is kind of nice; they allow me to buy a Floalt 60x60, take it home and play with it, and return it later for a full refund. So, i drove over to Ikea (15 minutes drive) this evening and picked up one. Tried, but didn't succeed to connect it to Zipatile. Will try more later this week.

photo

Nice, everyday Hero. Looking forward to read about the result.

photo

Have tried several times, though unsuccessful. Will not give up, though: As this device is compatible with every other Ikea trådfri device, I take it for granted that it uses run of the mill ZigBee protocol and standard frequencies: It would not make sense for Ikea to use different chips for the Floalt.My guess is that it Zipato Tech would be able to analyze how it identifies itself and add support....

photo

To bad. I already got the light installed so I just wait for Zipato Tech to add it.

photo

If we keep on nagging, I am certain they will :-)

photo

The absolutely best reasoning for Zipato to add _full_and_complete_support_ for Ikea Trådfri, is as follows:

Ikea is _everywhere_. They sell entry level (white) smart bulbs at the same price as they sold standard LED lamps for, only one year ago. Their implementation is simple, but slick. They _will_ widen the market for smart house gadgets, by magnitudes of X. I can readily see a _lot_ of potential customers wanting to get a sexy Zipatile to control their Ikea lamps, once they've gotten accustomed to this smart technology.

It thus would make a lot of sense for Zipato to make sure that the entire Trådfri range is fully supported, as soon as possible.

photo

Word

photo
photo

Device is supported for some time now. Try re-adding it and it should be displayed properly and work.If you are still experiencing problems with it, open up a ticket and we'll inspect it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file