This object is in archive! 

New module utilizing the P1 port as specified in the Dutch Smart Meter Requirements

Koen shared this idea 10 years ago
Under Consideration

Hello,

in The Netherlands all smart energy meters have a P1 data port. This is a serial dataport as specified in the Dutch Smart Meter Requirements. With this port you can monitor gas and energy consumption of the entire household (not specified by device but in general).

A module supporting this (wireless or wires) would be a great addition to Zipato!

Replies (8)

photo

Can be via USB as well (like ver vera can..)!

photo

I'm so dissapointed this hasn't been done yet. It was essential for my decision to buy a Zipato.

Grrr, back to the drawing board for me.

photo

SaintNick wrote:

I'm so dissapointed this hasn't been done yet. It was essential for my decision to buy a Zipato.

Grrr, back to the drawing board for me.

Did you checked the module described here: https://community.zipato.com/responses/northq-power-reader-integration

It's not the same, but looks pretty close

photo

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that one. It's of the optical type and they only do a best effort.

I'm looking for a simple digital reader though. It's very simple hardware and protocol: RS232 on RJ45. In 2014 450.000 NL households will have a smart meter according to these specs, (hundreds of millions world-wide). See page 17 for an example telegram.

In fact I do have a P1-meter reader, it is connected to a Z-Wave gateway of different brand: Greenwave Reality.

photo

Is it coming Zipato? and also with power clamps?

photo

P1 expansion module will be ready to ship next week. And Power Module with amper meter clamps, we started to ship already....

photo

Sebastian, good news !! My solar panels are shipping so the P1 module is a good addition for my zipato box

photo

Noh, great news! Keep it coming :)

With clamps is this one?

ZIPATO Zipabox serial module RS232/485 & USB

Leave a Comment

Attach a file